Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still hanging up even on a 30fps video that was saved, it looks like I can save videos with out any problems now. but PD is still minimizing with out any warning I just don't get it.

I also tried to upload a video mp4 2 ways straight from the camera and my desktop and it said saving and just got stuck it is 7 sec long any ideas on that!
I know this will sound a little slow but how should I do that, link?
I just changed the format to m2ts and it appears to be better in 60fps!
I really appreciate the input thanks a ton!!!!!!!
yes it is on you tube and it looks fantastic! It was not done with PD8 just uploaded with PD8 to you tube it is 60fps down to 30fps so the original is half the time as the slow motion, all 60Fps at half speed(30fps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ--YsKSJzw
I have read some of that information and I found a program to slow it down from 60fps and it is free, if you would like the info pm me and I will share it with you. I am going to try a repackage of the clips and see if PD8 will work with it in another format if not I guess 60fps will be for slow mo only!
I also added in some 60fps converted to 30fps slow-motion and no problems, so now I am thinking it has something to do with how PD8 Handel's 60fps, and transitions. It could be that it is to much for PD8 to go from 60fps to a 30fps transition and back to 60fps.
well I just did a test with 30fps with transitions no problems what so ever so I did a test save and we will see what happens looks like PD8 can not choke down 60fps mp4, I wonder if it hangs an playback because it plays back at 30fps and just cant keep up and the it just freezes. could be the transitions are for 30fps and not 60fps. I am going to convert some files and see what happens in WMM.
This footage is all in regular time 60 fps 720p, I also noticed some real bad uploads from PD8 to you tube in 60fps. I am going to try some footage at 30fps and see if it hangs 60fps just might be too much for PD8 I am going to try 30fps and see what happens. I was just wanting to do video all in 60fps so I can select parts to render with my slow motion solution. The 60fps is by far the best to shoot action and water videos with the go pro HD!
The camera is a go pro HD it spits out mp4, one thing that might be holding it up is that the vids are in 60fps but I thought PD* could handle it. I have checked my cpu while this happens but it is barely even working. I did some searching and did not find much I will try and change the time for the fade's. I am approaching the end of my rope with this software, it looks like it would be great if I could get it to work. I know it works for other people kind of a bummer!
so I followed the instructions, started a test video with several clips some fades added in but the original problem is coming up when I preview the video on the first fade the preview hangs up/ stops playing and the time line keeps moving, then PD8 just minimizes without warning I reopen it then it gives a program not responding and finally crashes any suggestions for this?? Thanks
Browse,ignore, ignore all is what I am getting it might be a combination of both your replies. I thought I had turned off the shadow files but I just checked and it was back on. I will try another test video, the good thing is that I am not working on anything that is to important just tests so when I dive into a major project I have the bugs worked out. BTW the video card is a Radeon HDd 4850 1 gig, I hope it is good enough!
I will be very careful with the source files for the videos.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Timon
now that I have figured out my camera, and run some limited tests this comes up!

I have read about how to save and the hidden files (don't really understand that and could not find them as recommended) I save as, as recommended but I can pull up the project the same day but wait a day and my time line is black, and get multiple errors about opening media. Also I have had more crashes or PD8 just shuts down freezes when trying to play back time line. I know this has been answered several times but everything I read is a little different. Have a i7 8 gig ram great graphic card so no problem there. running vista 64 bit any help would be great. I have read the how too section and the newbie stuff and done some searching and am saving to a specific folder that I set up threw the export folder in preferences.
A go pro is a POV cam and you can do very little editing with it basically start and stop is very limited (but it is waterproof).
I used a separate program to take the 60 FPS and slow all the frames down to 30fps so half speed then drop into PD8, so PD8 did the rendering at 30 fps to you tube! No editing used there.

You could slow it down from there by slowing play back but what u see here is a full 60 fps down to 30fps. What my posts were getting at is could PD8 do this? Everything I have read regarding this in the search in this forum says no, and PD8 did not! The rez is the same on the go pro 30fps@720p and 60fps@720p It is a discovery, I wanted to share because some other people here use go pros for sports action its a $240 cam. I am happy for you that you can edit with your camera it sounds like it is a good one, with more options than go pro users have.

This being said here is the same video doing it the way you are talking about Dafydd drop the 60FPS vid into PD8 use power tools to slow it down by half, and render to you tube. Is it 2X as long yes, you will notice it is not as smooth and crisp and the overall feel is jittery. I know you think you know what I did but you don't, so please let me share this little discovery with other that might want to do the same.
Timon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMsWmJ9aESI

I wont waste any more of your time here!
If anyone is interested PM me and I will tel you how!
Timon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ--YsKSJzw

I think PD8 did a good job after file was converted from 60fps to 30fps now you can use the 60fps setting on your HD video recorder for something!!! it can even be slowed down from 30fps to get ultra slow motion at with no frame loss. and yes the slow motion video is 2X as long as the original. PS watch it in HD 720p
Have found some solutions for mac but none for the pc! I know someone has changed 60fps to 30fps without frame loss for slow motion and import to PD8 could a custom profile do that in PD8?
Tips & guides by members to look up on the forum: I read this section but still not finding anything about utilizing 60fps for and have done some searching on this forum and there is allot on 60fps but not finding much about actually utilizing this format for good slow motion rendering. Any ideas???
So with the hd hero go pro we have these choices for HD.

* 1080p = 1920x1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
* 960p = 1280x960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
* 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
* 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
* WVGA = 848x480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate

from my understanding 60 fps at 720 is the best to shoot action with and have it look smooth and keep good quality in slow motion, is there a way I can go from 60-30fps and keep all the frames and edit it with PD8 or will pd always render at 30fps regardless.
For my first project I will need the best quality slow motion I can get.
So here is a question go pro HD claims that the 60fps produces better slow motion, than 30fps, makes sense to me. So here is what Go Pro shows us on a promo on you tube. What I come away with if you tube plays back at 30fps it is better to record at 60 fps because it will look better slowed down? so PD8 renders at 30fps so how could it look better if it ALL is 30fps? what am I missing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nU2_ERC_oE
I changed the path to to a video file, PD8 likes to keep it all in one place, i will be careful about keeping a "stress free workflow" I like the stress free part.
Thank you!
I saved it to my desk top the error comes up right away it says error opening media when power director tries to load the files. I will do a search on saving a project! I did save to my desktop that might have done it I am also wondering can you set the default folder where PD8 saves?
Saved a project with PD and get errors that I can not re open with PD any help with this???
After comparing both, the 60 fps looks much sharper after rendering to youtube, but the total output is still 30fps any ideas as to why?
Go to: