Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your reply. I will go through the motions of trying to get Cyberlink to accept this as a bug and hopefully something good might come out of it.
More information.

I wondered whether the source of the AVCHD file was significant. It was as shot from a Sony HDR-XR520 camera.

I converted the AVCHD file to MPEG2 HD using Sony Vegas and then converted this back to AVCHD using Corel Video Studio X5, Sony Vegas Pro 10, Cyberlink PowerDirector 11, Premiere Pro CS6 and Magix Video Pro X4.

I then trimmed the end of each output at the same place in PowerDirector 11 and smart rendered if possible. The last two outputs would not smart render. The first three had a jumped frame but the first one had its jump slightly later.

Thus the source of the AVCHD file can have a bearing on the result, but a problem still exists.

A jump is not easy to detect with some video content. What I used was a scene shot from a moving vehicle in which street light poles travel across the image at a steady rate.
I normally have to trim off a small portion at the end of an AVCHD video clip because my camera does not stop recording immediately (perhaps it has to record to the end of the current GOP). If such trimmed clips are smart rendered, a frame near the end of the clip erroneously jumps forward, while the next frame does not advance (actually a bit more complicated than that) so that from then on, the frames are as they should be, to the end. I notice this effect very often, and it may always occur, but could go unnoticed if the scene is almost static where the jump would occur.

I took a clip that was 11 seconds and 24 frames (11:24) long (PAL system) and progressively trimmed one frame off the end. With trims at 11:23 down to 11:12, the jump occurred at 10:11, while for trims at 11:11 to 11:00 (as far as I tested), the jump occurred at 9:23. The location of the jump is presumably related to the last I-frame (picture) before the end.

If I turn off smart rendering, no jump occurs.

I placed a text subtitle near the start of the clip, forcing a non-smart render at that point, and no jump occurred towards the end.

Has anybody else noticed this effect? If not, would anyone try to reproduce it?
I know how to post a new topic. I just did to start this thread. I now want to ask CyberLink to add an "export range" feature to the next version of PowerDirector (along with 1001 other things of course : )
Thanks.

Where do we post feature requests?
I would like to render out a small portion of my timeline to a video file. I have selected a range using the yellow range selectors but I see nowhere where I can output just this range.
Thanks Marco

I confirm that Aero theme is required in order to see text in the explorer windows (or whatever they are officially called) for video or music modes. All you see with a classic theme are folder icons but no names in the file trees. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and PowerDVD 10 Ultra.
Go to: