Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hi Coolbruno,
It is very frustrating to have the burn take so long. It is sometimes after the burn that I discover something I want to change or fix. Ugh! You can "produce" the video first but the time will be long to produce. However, the burn will be quick, maybe 10-15 minutes.
My Adobe did background rendering which was great but it did create crash issues.
My bad, I found them in the create disc location. They were there all the time, I was just looking for them in the edit section. Sorry.
Thanks for replying so quickly. I changed the ratio back and forth. I saw other things I have downloaded before but not the menus I downloaded today. Are they stored in another area. I can see they have been downloaded, I just cant' get them into PD or if they are there, I don't know where. Thanks.
same issue for me and I am getting tired of pouring over these forums to find unanswered questions. Ugh!
You have been so helpfule James and have provided me with perfect answers to my questions.
I am now rendering (producing) my clips first before I will add my chapters and menu however the svrt is greyed out. What is that about?
I double checked my files and they were actually saved as mpeg files when I captured them. So is the mpeg2 the best format for saving them. As mentioned before, I want to transfer the 8 mm to dvd for TV viewing and posterity.
Fair enough Dafydd. After reading posts in another thread, I think I am on my way to understanding how PD works.
My video clips 5-6 per video about an hour long in total were being rendered in the create disc phase and not in the produce phase. That is why it was taking roughly 7 hours to burn. When I saved the file first and then burned it it took only 15 minutes! however the produce time was lengthy. Don't recall exactly how long. No crash issues or other problems. Just want to create some trnasfered 8mm movies to DVD for television viewing. Pretty straightforward but still learning the process. Thanks for your patience. I will continue in another thread.
You guys are great! Yes, I did alot of editing to the video clips. I improved the lighting in some cases and added background music and threw in all the pips I could!! It border lines tacky video but I am learning how the effects and extras look. When I burned from a saved file, the time was like 15 minutes! But I do recall the production taking quite awhile. Will give it another go tomorrow.
After reading the tips posted by Kevin, I tried to replicate the steps and got into a problem trying to load the already saved audio and video ts files. I did precisely what you suggested and when I tied to import additional video it says no items match your search, even though I can see the files. help! I can open the files from power director import media section under edit. Thanks foer your imput.
Just to make sure I have this right...If I produce first, the rendering and all is done then i.e. the time consuming part, rendering. However, if I go directly to burn disc, it has to render then which is why it takes so long. Which is better? It seems like overall, the process is lengthy regardless.
With this project, I am only interested in burning dvd's for viewing on a TV.
Thanks so much for clafifying.
This time, burning from a saved file, it is moving along quite swiftly. However, my chapters are no longer there.
I will give that a try. I am wondering if the mpeg 2 format is preferred over a AVI file. I am concerned about quality as I am already starting with less than perfect video resolution.
I have a saved file folder, I will try and burn it and see what happens. Thanks. As I recall when I saved it to file, I thought it took an extremely long time. We'll see. thanks again.
It ended up taking 6 hours and 45 minutes to complete the burn. I do have a duo processor and as mentioned above, a new computer which was suppose to allow for all this video editing and producing. My Adobe Premier didn't take as long however the crash rate was high so I guess I will put up with PD and move on. Thanks.
Thank you kindly. The clips were captured using Roxio from a 8mm camera and then imported into PD8. The clip properties are DV-avi. Audio = WAV file. Resolution = 720x480. These are old video tapes which I am transfering to dvd. Being a perfectionist and also a novice, I have started this project several times trying different software options and ususally ending up with a better finished produc along the wayt. That is the goal anyway but I can't sit through these endless burn sessions.
Hope this sheds light on the problem. The latest burn took almost 7 hours for a 1 hour video. Yes, I did use transitions, chapters, menus and all the fun stuff you can add! I am enclosing the attached dxdiag. you requested. I hope I am sending it correctly.
Is there a way to speed up the burn process. On a 1 hour video it is taking over 10 hours to burn. My adobe premier never took that long however, it did use background rendering which expedited the process. Any suggestions?
I am currently using PD8 Ultra. My video is with chapters and menu. I am trying to burn using a straightforward 4.7 gb dvd. 4.3 display, using smart fit for quality with dolby 2 channel. My system is windows 7 64 bit, intel 2 duo cpu. New HP laptop.
In the first 1/2 hour of the burn it hits 25%, then slows down dramatically after that. Right now I am at 58% after 4 hours. Jeez.
By the way I have had a successful burn with this project and I have saved it to file however, I can't figure out how to open it. It was saved to Video_ts and Audio_ts. Perhpas it would be helpful to be able to open those files or maybe they are saved somewhere unbeknownst to me????
Please help!
Go to: