Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Give PD8 another try... same problem
Aeromotive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2009 15:54 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
1) So after installing the two patches and trying with each, and also after a few months of giving up on PD8, I tried finalizing my vacation video, and it just won't work. Is my problem ever going to be fixed?

I remember being told that the next patch would probably fix this, but it never did.
I also can't use any workaround (like working with small productions), since I manually synchronized music with my transitions, which means a half a second off-sync could get all my work useless.

2) I even tried producing, and after the rendering was done, I open the created movie, only to realize I was missing half the video, and the audio would still be running while the image froze. After forwarding the video a few minutes, I would have the same frozen image again (which means no video), but the audio would be OK...

What's next? Is this thing ever going to work?

----------Original Message---------------------------------
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the forums and I need some help. I already burned a project to my HDD and it worked.

Right now I'm trying to burn another project but I keep getting the following errors :

1) MotionMenuGeneratior (is there a typo in 'generatior'? lol) has stopped working. This message appears twice.

2) Burning unscuccessful :
Transcoding engine's front end stream error
Might be due to :
Broken or missing source file
Out of system memory

The burning never gets past 1% and maximum 2 minutes.

I know my specs are good enough :

ASUS Q45PRO, Q9550@stock, 8GB RAM, HD4870.

I also updated with the new patch and I keep getting the same error.
What's wrong?
If it is of any help, this is my first time using a custom-made DVD menu (downloaded from DirectorZone, then customized it).

Thanks!

PS : I also tried reducing speed to 4x, even if I'm burning to a folder.
EDIT : my goal is to burn AVCHD content on a DVD and watch it on my PS3. So I'm just selecting AVCHD DVD (4,7GB) , with the proper resolution (1920x1080).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2010 15:12

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
My best suggestion would be to start with the base video and add one thing at a time until you find out what is causing the problem. It could be one thing or the combination of things, but there are a lot of people not having this trouble, so it is hard to say if 'IT' will ever be fixed without knowing what 'IT' is. Have you tried burning to a different format to see if it might be a codec issue? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aeromotive,

I read your post and wasn't entirely clear if you had tried this method with your project. Have you tried to produce your project to a H.264 AVC video file with a default profile of AVCHD 1920x1080, instead of burning your PROJECT to a disc? You might have better success burning the video file to disc instead of your project. Having your PC RENDER and BURN at the same time can be troublesome depending on the system. Burning a fully rendered video to disc eliminates most of the work.

1.Produce your Project to a H.264 AVC video file....view it to confirm all is well with it....
2.then..start a NEW PROJECT...
3.then select CREATE DISC...
4.select CONTENT
5. Select IMPORT ADDITIONAL VIDEOS button (and add the newly created video file)
6 Select the MENU PREFERENCES tab and select your menu.
7. Select the DISC PREFERENCES tab and select the AVCHD.
8. Finally select BURN

See if that works out better for you. And I apologize in advance if I misread your post and you had already attempted this method.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2010 20:35

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Aeromotive [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: My best suggestion would be to start with the base video and add one thing at a time until you find out what is causing the problem.

I have over 50 small videos in my project, with transitions sync'ed with music, effects, titles, etc.
Taking out one video, trying to create, putting it back, taking out another one, trying to create, putting it back... etc. wouldn't only be long, but it would create a big mess...

What settings do you suggest I use to check out any codec issues?

Quote: Hi Aeromotive,

I read your post and wasn't entirely clear if you had tried this method with your project. Have you tried to produce your project to a H.264 AVC video file with a default profile of AVCHD 1920x1080, instead of burning your PROJECT to a disc? You might have better success burning the video file to disc instead of your project. Having your PC RENDER and BURN at the same time can be troublesome depending on the system. Burning a fully rendered video to disc eliminates most of the work.

Thanks Kevin. I'm sorry I didn't use the right words. I actually meant that when I PRODUCED (not burned) my video, I had the audio-video out of sync issue. I tried that many times, and it's always the same.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2010 15:11

Bird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2010 11:01 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
After reading the tips posted by Kevin, I tried to replicate the steps and got into a problem trying to load the already saved audio and video ts files. I did precisely what you suggested and when I tied to import additional video it says no items match your search, even though I can see the files. help! I can open the files from power director import media section under edit. Thanks foer your imput.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bird,

After reading the tips posted by Kevin, I tried to replicate the steps and got into a problem trying to load the already saved audio and video ts files. I did precisely what you suggested and when I tied to import additional video it says no items match your search, even though I can see the files. help! I can open the files from power director import media section under edit. Thanks foer your imput.

Sorry if you got hung up following the steps. But it probably is just a matter of how the terms I used might have been interpreted.

But here is a brief review...I hope it helps...and if I get this wrong...please...someone correct me!!

We will start with the problem that is fairly common: You are attempting to burn a disc and PD hangs up somewhere in the process.

Step 1. Make sure you have the latest build for your version of PD and if you don't, update and try again. If the problem isn't solved, go to step 2.

Step 2. Produce (render) your project to a VIDEO file (high quality) and then use that rendered(produced) file in a new project and burn that particular file to disc. This eliminates your computer from simultaneously rendering and burning to disc during the same process. It still doesn't work! Go to Step 3.

Step 3. Burn your produced video file to a FOLDER (not to disc)....this choice is available after you select the BURN button. Let the process finish and then BURN this set of folders to disc using othe Disc Burning software like Power2Go(Cyberlink product) or Imgburn or any others you might have on your system. It still doesn't work...Go to Step 4!!

Step 4. Maybe someone can fill in Step 4 for me.

I hope this helps! I may not have the steps in the correct order in someone elses opinion but the methods should be pretty close.

Kevin
Aeromotive [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for reviving this.

Step 1) I keep updating as soon as a build comes out
Step 2) Even the rendering doesn't work properly. As I mentionned in the first post, there is a major audio/video out of sync issue, where the image freezes and sound keeps playing. Later on, the video comes back, but with an audio from another part of my movie!
Step 3) Whether burning to a folder or a disc, I get the same problem (see first post)

I guess you see why I'm on the edge of giving up on PD8. I've been patient for 6 months.. this is getting out of hand.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
There are a number of details missing/not supplied in this thread which should be - or they are but the reader has the wade through a lot of stuff to find the info.
1. I want to see a disagnostic file attached to the next post for both Aeromotive and Bird.
1-1. I'd like from you Aeromotive a screenshot of the Edit window - in particular the Timelines and the Media Library.
2. I'd like Bird to move to you're own topic, it's best to deal with one person's issue - your's isn't the same.
3. Jaime made a suggestion right at the beginning. I will first expand on it. Make multiple copies of your project file - the pds and use these to isolate the point of sync issue.
4. I have had reported to me and passed onto CyberLink where multiple mts clips in the timeline causes an audio sync issue. This may be the same. However I'd like to know what camera/source you have please?
5. - By following the theme in item 3 you could create a slightly smaller project below the 40 clip mark and see if the sync issue went away. Then produce the two sections and merge them later to burn to disc.
6. Best Practice: Aeromotive, do you adopt as many of us do the policy of
a) Saving regularly to a new pds file (Ctrl+Shift+S) and in a numerical order?
b) Edit video files from your hard drive only?
c) Have a powerful enough graphics card (you haven't mentioned what you have and is a major concern) to edit HD?

I see a part of the spec of your PC. I actually edit 1080p 30fps with my system but would not dare too much with 1080p 60fps. I'm not convinced your system is powerful enough to edit the footage you have from your camera.

I have asked above for some basic information - this will help members to assess what the problem is. Please read the guides provided - it saves you time and us: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page#34439

Finally, and only after you've carried out some of the above - would you be willing to make your full project available for CyberLink to test? At this stage it isn't needed.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2010 04:43

Bird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2010 11:01 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Fair enough Dafydd. After reading posts in another thread, I think I am on my way to understanding how PD works.
My video clips 5-6 per video about an hour long in total were being rendered in the create disc phase and not in the produce phase. That is why it was taking roughly 7 hours to burn. When I saved the file first and then burned it it took only 15 minutes! however the produce time was lengthy. Don't recall exactly how long. No crash issues or other problems. Just want to create some trnasfered 8mm movies to DVD for television viewing. Pretty straightforward but still learning the process. Thanks for your patience. I will continue in another thread.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Bird dxdiag.
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2010 08:22

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your understanding of the situation.

The diagnostic file provides excellent data for members to understand your set up quickly. Please add it also to your next post.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Aeromotive [Avatar]
[Post New]
1 : Here's the dxdiag
1-1 : Here's the SS, I tried to take the most information possible
3 : I'll try splitting my project in two pieces and get back to you
4 : I'm using the Canon HF100, filming at FXP (17mpbs), 1080i, 60fps
5 : I'll try it
6 : a) I save almost everytime I change anything, fearing PD8 would crash on my next step
b) I edit only from my HD. I never even tried to edit from an external HD or other media support
c) I think my GPU is powerful enough
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
287 time(s)
[Thumb - SS.jpg]
 Filename
SS.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
231 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2010 13:24

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I've asked another member to look over your post. I think it's an identical issue to the one he reported with audio sync. He has the very same camera/files as you do.

I also see you're using Shadow Edit files. You should manage without them. There are known problems when editing with them and most of us opt do without that capability totally.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#41702

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Aeromotive [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.
What are shadow files? I kept everything default.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Look at the image you've uploaded. All have the Shadow File being generated icon - the yellow icon.

Files intended to speed up HD editing.

The shadow files are mpeg file created to the resolution 720 x 450 and placed in the Shadow File folder. The generation of them takes resources and time to complete. Problems have occurred and are mentioned throughout the forum.

I opt to do without them - many of us do and we don't get problems.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
I want to thank Dafydd for offering assistance to Aeromotive. I hope that a solution is just around the corner and he will be able to make forward progress with his editing.

Thanks again Dafydd for getting to the core of the potential problem. It is a pleasure to learn from your experiences.

P.S. Thanks for the P.M. Aeromotive

After all the ultimate goal is to help each other in any way we can.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2010 09:00

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kevin,
Gee, I still have to walk through doors ya know! Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's always a pleasure reading your posts.

Aeromotive.
Ok, I had an email from Bob (same issue I mentioned) and he gave up on the project and started again. Everything then worked. I know, it's not news you wanted to read and that was Bob's worry to (you wouldn't want to read his input).

Dafydd
[Moderator]