Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That's great! I too had a problem and someone helped me figure it out. Its the best feeling! After all the hard work put into this editing stuff and then for it not to work just isn't fun.
I'm just burning them directly from PD. Really I can't thank you enough for your help. I recorded my cousins wedding and there were several family members that couldn't make the trip so I wanted to make an edited video DVD so they can see all that went on from rehearsal all the way to the bloopers. So again thanks for all your help. This will make my family really happy. Most of them don't even know I am doing this for them.
I know about the new coasters!!! I'm not too concerned about that though. I use Maxell DVD-Rs. I like them and have yet to have any problems with them. Knock on wood!!! Again thanks for all your help. You are my hero!!!
One more question for you. Will this DVD work in all dvd players. I am unfamiliar with the whole .vob file. I was able to get it to work on my sony but not on my insignia. The sony is older than the insignia so that doesn't seem to make sense. I'm just worried that if I send these dvds out to my family some are not gonna be able to get them to work.
You my friend are awesome!!! I have been at this for weeks and you are the only one who was able to help me. I think I was wording things wrong in previous posts but whatever it was you are a lifesaver! Thank you very much!!!
By using PD8 I now have a edited video that burns to a DVD but that DVD won't play on my or other dvd players. I think it has to do with the fact that this video is a .pds file. Now I have looked all over the internet and there isn't much about .pds files especially how to convert them into something playable on DVD players.
Don't worry Chris I too have pulled all my hair out cuz well after I made my video and burned it to a DVD I can't get it to play on several DVD players all of which support the format and are within 1-3yrs old. So even if you do get your credits figured out I hope you get your video to play.

Sorry that my first play suggestion didn't help you!
I give up. I've never had this much trouble before using any other editing software. Only reason why I got PD8 is my other software wasn't compatible with Windows Vista. I had no problem using Roxio My DVD. I just wish I didn't have this much trouble.

Thanks for all the help!!! Wish we could have figured it out though.
Ok so on the front of my Insignia player it lists...DVD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+R. Now given that the types of discs I am using are all listed here I see no reason why my DVD player will not read them. Am I right? Plus I have another DVD player (Sony) and in the manual it lists the discs I am using as compatible.

All I have accomplished is wasting a $23 spindle of DVDs.
Well that too did not work. I really am at a loss. I can't believe that I get the whole video done and its amazing and now I can't even show it. Sometimes I really hate computers!
I really appreciate your help! With that said I did burn a copy with no menu and same thing occurs. Audio but no video. I will attempt the LPCM one. Cross your fingers!
Oh I see what you mean. Now by doing that will that delete the menu option from the DVD?
When you say 'no menu' what are you referring to? I don't see anything about a menu.

My Insignia is a year old and the Sony I don't know but I have done some research today and found out that the Sony is just too picky and it probably will never read my DVD as clean.

I know there is no problem with using Dolby cuz my audio is fine. When I put the DVD into the Insignia player I can hear the audio it the pictures/video I can't see.
DVDs Im using are Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB up to 16x 2hrs SP mode

My steps:
1) Go to create disc
2) Disc format - I chose DVD video @ 4.7
3) Video and Audio settings - I've tried widescreen 16:9 that didn't work so then I tried regular 4:3 and still a no go. I have also tried every different quality available too. And then chose Dobly Digital 2 channels with living room surround sound. The sound comes through fine. Just no video.
4) Click burn - DVD burns successfully!

Then I pop in DVD-R into both DVD players and like I said reads dirty disc and the other plays the audio but no video. I don't know what else I can tell you that would help you help me. I made the video and burned it I just can't get it to play correctly. On the front of the Insignia DVD player it reads all the different formats and I have them all.

When I was talking about trying cds I meant Maxell CD-R or even Memorex. That won't work either they won't hold enough. I figured that!
Quote: Hi everyone,
Just an update to let you know that I am still trying to get a template to work properly.I won't go into the list of what I have tried so far cos it would cover too many pages but my conclusion is that unless I am missing something simple that basically templates are a waste of time.The reason I have reached this conclusion is that whatever I try to do the template will only play the video in the background and in my case because i have placed opening credits at the start of my project all I end up with are black blobs in the background:- see enclosed screenshot

If anyone has ever got a template to work properly I would be grateful for any help.
Many thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,
I am really new to this and but I have a suggestion for you. I quickly skimmed over yours and others posts so if its been answered I apologize.

Your black blobs from what I understand are from your credits which I assume you added at the beginning of your video...right? Well in put your credits in the first play section. Its separate from the video but will play before your menu screen. I hope this helps.

I finally got my video burned but now I can't figure out why it won't play on any DVD players. LOL. Don't you just love this stuff!!!
I am using Maxell DVD-R discs. I have no problems burning the video on to the discs however they won't play. I have 2 different brands of DVD players. The one player is a Sony which I understand is a little picky. On that player disc reads dirty. But on the Insignia DVD player the audio comes through but no video. I have no clue where to go from here...help me! The software I am using is PowerDirector 8 ultra.

I have tried every different way to burn that DVD video disc type allows me to. My next step is to just use regular Maxell CD-R. But that isn't what I really want to do. What's the point in making a DVD if you have to put it on a CD.

*note: I have used Maxell discs forever and never had a problem before. This is however the first time I have used PD8. Also the DVD works in my PC but that could be due to a number of reasons.
Go to: