Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I convert .pds file
Brooke2424 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2009 18:16 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
By using PD8 I now have a edited video that burns to a DVD but that DVD won't play on my or other dvd players. I think it has to do with the fact that this video is a .pds file. Now I have looked all over the internet and there isn't much about .pds files especially how to convert them into something playable on DVD players.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The pds file is only the Powerdirector project file. It is a roadmap for PD to find, assemble, and play your project.
To make your movie playable on a disc you must produce it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPRYInrIpY HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Brooke2424 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You my friend are awesome!!! I have been at this for weeks and you are the only one who was able to help me. I think I was wording things wrong in previous posts but whatever it was you are a lifesaver! Thank you very much!!!
Brooke2424 [Avatar]
[Post New]
One more question for you. Will this DVD work in all dvd players. I am unfamiliar with the whole .vob file. I was able to get it to work on my sony but not on my insignia. The sony is older than the insignia so that doesn't seem to make sense. I'm just worried that if I send these dvds out to my family some are not gonna be able to get them to work.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Some expensive DVD players have a hard time with home discs, and sometimes cheap players will play ANYTHING!
Use a good quality dvd-r or rw. In fact, until you get the hang of it, only use dvd-rw, or you will have a house full of new coasters. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Brooke2424 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know about the new coasters!!! I'm not too concerned about that though. I use Maxell DVD-Rs. I like them and have yet to have any problems with them. Knock on wood!!! Again thanks for all your help. You are my hero!!!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Maxell makes good discs that tend to play in every player that I have sent them out for. Just make sure when you burn the disc that the vob, ifo and bup files are in a video_ts folder. If you burn them directly from PD, then they will all be in the right place. If you use a third party software to burn the disc, then you may have to place them in the folder. Either burn them as a dvd-video disc, or at least make sure it uses the udf file format for the disc. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Brooke2424 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm just burning them directly from PD. Really I can't thank you enough for your help. I recorded my cousins wedding and there were several family members that couldn't make the trip so I wanted to make an edited video DVD so they can see all that went on from rehearsal all the way to the bloopers. So again thanks for all your help. This will make my family really happy. Most of them don't even know I am doing this for them.