Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

If you did hide it, in PD21 under the "All Content" transition window, right click in a stipple area(not on a transition), you should see "Unhide All". Search for transition and see if that brings it back.

Jeff

That solved the problem. Now I learned something new. You are my hero.

Rex
I think I may have hidden one of my favorite transitions and don't know how to unhide it in PD 21. Anyway it is not in my transition room. The transition is named "center"
Quote I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 running on Win11 but other people have reported problems. You can try uninstalling/reinstalling PD18, and you might also want to try the steps listed in this post.

It is interesting. I uninstalled and then reinstalled PD18. I had older suites that included PD and they all worked, including PD16. It seems that all the cyberlink aps except PD18 seem to work. I can still open PD18 but whenever I click on anything in PD18 I get the blue circle and have to close the app. The sample pictures don't load as they do in PD16. Any suggestions?

Thanks Rex476
I installed powerdirector 18 on my windows 11 machine and am having trouble getting it to work. Powerdirector opens but when I select any function it just has the blue circle going around and I have to close the program. Is powerdirector 18 supposed to work with windows 11?

Did Number 1 and seemed to work. No Jitter and stills fit ok. Some videos and still were very narrow and others were ok. Had black on both sides. I am going to reduce image size and see if that will work and just do a Blu-Ray disk

Working on another project my root menu will not play from the beginning of the play line. I have two titles in succession and the root menu starts at the first scene and skips the first two titles. I have tried to search on line but can't find my problem listed. Anything you could do to help me is appreciated.

Rex

Ok, that should of fixed your distortion issue where in your original post you had the movies don't fit the screen issue on BD.

I'm not sure if your other issue is a interlace issue or what exactly is the wavy or jittery you refer to. It appears using a higher resolution but still interlace fixes the issue, is that true? If that's the case since you have defined and sized everything in a 4:3 aspect on the timeline, it would appear at least two options:
1) Produce your 4:3 project, bring this produce file into a 16:9 project and create 16:9 BD at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter and live with the 4:3 aspect in a 16:9 frame. You will have black bars on sides
2) Redo timeline in 16:9 aspect and then create your BD in the 16:9 at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter

Jeff

Did Number 1 and seemed to work. No Jitter and stills fit ok. Some videos and still were very narrow and others were ok. Had black on both sides. I am going to reduce image size and see if that will work and just do a Blu-Ray disk

Since your project is 4:3, try the SD 720 x 480 setting to maintain aspect ratio vs the 1920 x 1080/24p setting you have set in the BD pic.

Jeff

I have done everything in 720x480 and all have jittery video. It seems I can't get away from the jittery video in 720x480

Not really, BD contents can be 4:3 if desired by OP, the menu will be 16:9 though in PD. I made that statement years ago, and you verified by doing it yourself, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41845.page#post_box_215758

I'd probably suggest to make sure to select the SD 720x480/60i setting, other ratio's may cause issue on some players. It will still be interlaced like a DVD but all video and pics will not be distorted, they will have proper black bands.

As you note, the other pics if attached would shed more light on the action needed.

Jeff

I tried everything at 720x480 and still get distorted video. Is frustating since the video in higher resolutions plays perfectly on my monitor. Ihave attached the other pics.
Quote See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329488 .

Please post a full screenshot of your timeline so we can see the aspect ratio of the video in question. Post a screenshot of the video properties too on your reply as attachments.

I hope this is what you need. Don't know how to show you wavy picture in DVD. Blue Ray no wavy picture. I could only attach 3 files. How do I send you the two files that show aspect ratio?
I have tried to create a disk with a power director 16. When I put it on a DVD with SD 720X480 the mov files are wavy. When I put the movie on a blue ray disk at higher resolutions the stills and movies don't fit the screen. I have tried all different screen setups on the tv but the movie doesn't fit in any of the setups
Go to: