Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Movie Problems
Rex476 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2015 16:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried to create a disk with a power director 16. When I put it on a DVD with SD 720X480 the mov files are wavy. When I put the movie on a blue ray disk at higher resolutions the stills and movies don't fit the screen. I have tried all different screen setups on the tv but the movie doesn't fit in any of the setups
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329488 .

Please post a full screenshot of your timeline so we can see the aspect ratio of the video in question. Post a screenshot of the video properties too on your reply as attachments.
Rex476 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329488 .

Please post a full screenshot of your timeline so we can see the aspect ratio of the video in question. Post a screenshot of the video properties too on your reply as attachments.

I hope this is what you need. Don't know how to show you wavy picture in DVD. Blue Ray no wavy picture. I could only attach 3 files. How do I send you the two files that show aspect ratio?
[Thumb - Time Line.jpg]
 Filename
Time Line.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Time Line
 Filesize
576 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Blue Ray Still.jpg]
 Filename
Blue Ray Still.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Blue Ray Still
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - DVD Still.gif]
 Filename
DVD Still.gif
[Disk]
 Description
DVD Still
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I hope this is what you need. Don't know how to show you wavy picture in DVD. Blue Ray no wavy picture. I could only attach 3 files. How do I send you the two files that show aspect ratio?

Thank you for the screenshots. You can add the other two files by creating the next post as each post is limited to three attachment max. DVDs can have either a 4:3 or a 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Blu-Ray can only have a 16:9 (widescreen) Aspect Ratio. You created your project in the 4:3 AR and created the Blu-Ray with a 16:9 AR. This causes some of the cropping and fit issues to fit the widescreen.

The DVD still indicates that the DVD was created with a 4:3 AR, same as the project. The Blu-Ray still shows the image heavily cropped to fill in the sides. The head of the man is cropped off.

To create the proper Blu-Ray you need to change the Project Aspect Ratio on the timeline from 4:3 to 16:9. You will need to readjust the cropping and reposition of all the images and videos on the timeline to show the heads of the subjects properly if you don’t want the black bars to show on the sides.

Looking at your timeline media library; the 01.jpg is 4:3 AR, next one at 3:4 AR, 3:4 Ar, 9:16 AR, 3:4 AR, 3:4 AR, Two video files at 9:16 AR (portrait mode orientation).

Unfortunately none of the assets in the media library are of the 16:9 AR. You have to crop and reposition each one of those shown to get them to show on a widescreen TV without the black bars on the sides. I generally shoot in landscape orientation with my phone to avoid these problems if I want to show it on my TV instead of someone else's phone.

With Blu-Ray you can create them with 24 or 60p (progressive) video while DVD is always 60i (interlaced) which can show wavy lines in some instances to individual eyes.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Blu-Ray can only have a 16:9 (widescreen) Aspect Ratio. You created your project in the 4:3 AR and created the Blu-Ray with a 16:9 AR. This causes some of the cropping and fit issues to fit the widescreen.

Not really, BD contents can be 4:3 if desired by OP, the menu will be 16:9 though in PD. I made that statement years ago, and you verified by doing it yourself, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41845.page#post_box_215758

I'd probably suggest to make sure to select the SD 720x480/60i setting, other ratio's may cause issue on some players. It will still be interlaced like a DVD but all video and pics will not be distorted, they will have proper black bands.

As you note, the other pics if attached would shed more light on the action needed.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'd probably suggest to make sure to select the SD 720x480/60i setting, other ratio's may cause issue on some players. It will still be interlaced like a DVD but all video and pics will not be distorted, they will have proper black bands.

As you note, the other pics if attached would shed more light on the action needed.

Jeff

The OP is actually doing well with his editing and what is shown so far in his three screenshots. His DVD is 4:3 AR while his BD screenshot is widescreen 16:9 AR. He is doing the cropping and repositioning of the timeline assets. CyberLink only sanctions widescreen for BD. I never tested the 720 x 480/60i setting to see the AR. It really doesn’t matter as the TVs that I have seen allow the AR to be changed for any video source. We all know that 4:3 menus can be created and work properly in old standalone players with crt TVs. That again is not sanctioned by CyberLink. Don’t want the OP to do anything not approved by CyberLink as we both can make anything work.

BTW: The 16:9 menu post that the OP created with his 5:4 AR monitor would align properly if he used a 16:9 AR monitor. It would not have mattered if he used different software. We both seem to have the software to fix anything like in the old versions.
Rex476 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not really, BD contents can be 4:3 if desired by OP, the menu will be 16:9 though in PD. I made that statement years ago, and you verified by doing it yourself, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41845.page#post_box_215758

I'd probably suggest to make sure to select the SD 720x480/60i setting, other ratio's may cause issue on some players. It will still be interlaced like a DVD but all video and pics will not be distorted, they will have proper black bands.

Jeff

I tried everything at 720x480 and still get distorted video. Is frustating since the video in higher resolutions plays perfectly on my monitor. Ihave attached the other pics.
[Thumb - Blue Ray Settings.gif]
 Filename
Blue Ray Settings.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Blue Ray Setting
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - DVD Settings.gif]
 Filename
DVD Settings.gif
[Disk]
 Description
DVD Setting
 Filesize
172 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried everything at 720x480 and still get distorted video. Is frustating since the video in higher resolutions plays perfectly on my monitor. Ihave attached the other pics.

Since your project is 4:3, try the SD 720 x 480 setting to maintain aspect ratio vs the 1920 x 1080/24p setting you have set in the BD pic.

Jeff
Rex476 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Since your project is 4:3, try the SD 720 x 480 setting to maintain aspect ratio vs the 1920 x 1080/24p setting you have set in the BD pic.

Jeff

I have done everything in 720x480 and all have jittery video. It seems I can't get away from the jittery video in 720x480
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have done everything in 720x480 and all have jittery video. It seems I can't get away from the jittery video in 720x480

Ok, that should of fixed your distortion issue where in your original post you had the movies don't fit the screen issue on BD.

I'm not sure if your other issue is a interlace issue or what exactly is the wavy or jittery you refer to. It appears using a higher resolution but still interlace fixes the issue, is that true? If that's the case since you have defined and sized everything in a 4:3 aspect on the timeline, it would appear at least two options:
1) Produce your 4:3 project, bring this produce file into a 16:9 project and create 16:9 BD at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter and live with the 4:3 aspect in a 16:9 frame. You will have black bars on sides
2) Redo timeline in 16:9 aspect and then create your BD in the 16:9 at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2023 18:22

Rex476 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok, that should of fixed your distortion issue where in your original post you had the movies don't fit the screen issue on BD.

I'm not sure if your other issue is a interlace issue or what exactly is the wavy or jittery you refer to. It appears using a higher resolution but still interlace fixes the issue, is that true? If that's the case since you have defined and sized everything in a 4:3 aspect on the timeline, it would appear at least two options:
1) Produce your 4:3 project, bring this produce file into a 16:9 project and create 16:9 BD at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter and live with the 4:3 aspect in a 16:9 frame. You will have black bars on sides
2) Redo timeline in 16:9 aspect and then create your BD in the 16:9 at higher resolution since that resolves your jitter

Jeff

Did Number 1 and seemed to work. No Jitter and stills fit ok. Some videos and still were very narrow and others were ok. Had black on both sides. I am going to reduce image size and see if that will work and just do a Blu-Ray disk
Rex476 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Did Number 1 and seemed to work. No Jitter and stills fit ok. Some videos and still were very narrow and others were ok. Had black on both sides. I am going to reduce image size and see if that will work and just do a Blu-Ray disk

Working on another project my root menu will not play from the beginning of the play line. I have two titles in succession and the root menu starts at the first scene and skips the first two titles. I have tried to search on line but can't find my problem listed. Anything you could do to help me is appreciated.

Rex