Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a way to import clips from a DVD movie
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
With PD5 premiun I have no problems capturing video from my dv camera or my vcr. But, what if I want to use scenes from my collection of dvds to create and mix with my own footage? I have tried, and was able to import a clip from a home dvd movie, now, I want to extract clipe from my comercial dvds, Is it possible? No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
Shelley [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kentucky Joined: Feb 01, 2007 13:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Armano,

Yes, I have brought in lots of DVD movies homemade and otherwise into Powerdirector. What you have to do is first download it to a folder on your hard drive, then open PD5 and import it from there...If you try to go
directly from the DVD drive, it's a problem. LEt me know if that works
for you. Shelley
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Shelley for the idea.
The only question I have is, am I supposed to "rip" the clips from th dvd to bring them into my hard drive ?
Do I need other software to do that?
Thanks again
No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
Shelley [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Kentucky Joined: Feb 01, 2007 13:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Armano,

No you don't need anything else except PD5.

The thing to remember though, is that you DO NOT want ALL the files that
will be on any DVD - so the best thing to do is, after you've put them on your hard drive (in it's own folder), VIEW each of the files BEFORE you bring them into PD5, and only bring in the actual footage files (there will be lots of other things that are not footage)...do that (the VIEWING part)with anything else you have, and write down the file names.

Then with PD5, you click on the bring in media files/folder and then select the individual files that you want from that folder, and it will bring them in for you...

Try it and let me know how it works. Shelley