Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to eliminate sound on video clips
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to configure my sound settings during capture of my video clips so that no sound wpuld be present. With all the settings on mute, i still ended up with sound. I don't want the sound because I want to add background music only.
Any help will be great! No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I tried to configure my sound settings during capture of my video clips so that no sound wpuld be present. With all the settings on mute, i still ended up with sound. I don't want the sound because I want to add background music only.
Any help will be great!

Hi,
Which PowerDirector are you using?

PowerDirector 5 Premium (Top product):
1. Open PDr5P
2. Aquarium.mpg into time-line
3. right click on video in time-line
4. select Mute Clip from popup

Audio in Video Time-line can also be altered by:
1. Click on clip
2. Go to the Video's audio timeline and place cursor over it - should change to a black square - click it
3. Click and drag to move the black square down to lower audio - higher to make louder.
4. Place more "black dots" and move to where you want (changes to red dot when moving).

PowerDirector 5 Express (comes with CDS5):
This is the Express version and has reduced capability like all Express versions.
1. Open PD Express
2. Aquarium.mpg into time-line
3. right click on video in time-line
4. select Mute Clip from popup

Audio can also be changed by going to the "speaker" type icon on the left to call up the "Audio Mixing Room". Using slider controls the audio levels can be adjusted to suit. Both versions offer this method. The PDr5P controls are superior as they are set for individual clips. The Express version actions the whole of the time-line and all clips.

Hope the information helps.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 01. 2007 11:19

armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot Dafydd, your explanation was right on, by the way I'm using PD5 Premium, I just bought it 2 days ago. I know I have a lot to explore.
Good day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2007 13:07

No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!