Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I don't know the cause of the issue, but for some reason, most of the time PowerDVD Remote will be unable to find a server to work with PowerDVD. If I uninstall and reinstall the program it works, but on next restart it doesn't.

Workaround: If PowerDVD Remote fails to find a server, open the task manager and look for PowerDVDAgent.exe. End the process. Wait for it to close, then open it again manually. The default location is C:\Program Files\Cyber Link\PowerDVD12\PowerDVDAgent.exe. Your mobile device should now be able to find a server. If it doesn't work, try repeating the process. I've never had to do it more than 4 times in a row to get to to work.

I'd love it if anybody could tell me how to make a shortcut on my desktop that will do this all with a single double-click. The best I've been able to do is make a shortcut for PowerDVDAgent.exe, but I still have to hunt down the process in the task manager.

MY HERO !!!!
Jesus, you saved my day. Unbelievable, once more, where tech support does not know NOTHING a user came to help !
I've never seen a software so full of bugs like PowerDVD is.

Thanks a lot !
look in this thread, may help: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19547.page

bye
YOU ARE MY HERO, MAN !!!!

Jesus ! It's incredible I had to find out by a simple user what is needed to do to have PDVD work as expected (0 region changes left in this case), while Tech Support never helped ("look this thread", "open a ticket", "forward your ticket" .....).
JESUS, it's a very simple step to do !!! why don't you put it in your FAQ (do you have one ? I hope so...).
Or better... why don't you fix your software ????

Thanks again, man !!!

Quote: Hi,

Disabling Brs.exe from loading at Startup (control panel - administrative tools - system configuration - startup tab)

Look for cyberlink brs and clear its checkbox. Click Apply to save your changes and exit the dialog box.

Restart your system. The next time you boot up, brs.exe won’t be running. Now you can proceed directly to deleting the BRF.dat file located in C:\ProgramData\Cyberlink\BDNAV\.

I hope this information can help.

excalibur
Go to: