Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Found a workaround for PowerDVD Remote "looking for nearby servers"
DrCheis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2012 20:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know the cause of the issue, but for some reason, most of the time PowerDVD Remote will be unable to find a server to work with PowerDVD. If I uninstall and reinstall the program it works, but on next restart it doesn't.

Workaround: If PowerDVD Remote fails to find a server, open the task manager and look for PowerDVDAgent.exe. End the process. Wait for it to close, then open it again manually. The default location is C:\Program Files\Cyber Link\PowerDVD12\PowerDVDAgent.exe. Your mobile device should now be able to find a server. If it doesn't work, try repeating the process. I've never had to do it more than 4 times in a row to get to to work.

I'd love it if anybody could tell me how to make a shortcut on my desktop that will do this all with a single double-click. The best I've been able to do is make a shortcut for PowerDVDAgent.exe, but I still have to hunt down the process in the task manager.
jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for putting an effort to this. I know for sure that users will be able to find this helpful. Nice to know this whenever it poses a problem.
MagicMau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2011 17:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know the cause of the issue, but for some reason, most of the time PowerDVD Remote will be unable to find a server to work with PowerDVD. If I uninstall and reinstall the program it works, but on next restart it doesn't.

Workaround: If PowerDVD Remote fails to find a server, open the task manager and look for PowerDVDAgent.exe. End the process. Wait for it to close, then open it again manually. The default location is C:\Program Files\Cyber Link\PowerDVD12\PowerDVDAgent.exe. Your mobile device should now be able to find a server. If it doesn't work, try repeating the process. I've never had to do it more than 4 times in a row to get to to work.

I'd love it if anybody could tell me how to make a shortcut on my desktop that will do this all with a single double-click. The best I've been able to do is make a shortcut for PowerDVDAgent.exe, but I still have to hunt down the process in the task manager.

MY HERO !!!!
Jesus, you saved my day. Unbelievable, once more, where tech support does not know NOTHING a user came to help !
I've never seen a software so full of bugs like PowerDVD is.

Thanks a lot !