Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to reset the BD region code?
Ansonli0005 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2012 23:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
After upgrade from Powerdvd 11 to 12 Ultra, the region code is 0 now. Anyway to solve it?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check this this:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page#114431

or contact the Technical support

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
akaWolf52 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Jan 27, 2012 13:02 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Additional to the mentioned trick in link above to clean up the register I uninstalled all Visual C++ packages, I had 10 different. Then I reinstalled PDVD12 and it gave me three new ones and the region change figure was back to 5 and I could play mounted iso files again..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2012 16:19

Alan12003 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2013 04:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I am having that exact same issue and no one at technical support can solve it. The region code for power dvd 12 is blank with 0 changes left, they keep telling me to reinstall it, I do, and the problem persists - I can't play any blu ray dvds. What an utter disappointment and waste of money. I tried another install last night, got the most up to date version of 12, and still NO region codes. Funny thing, I had to install 9 first before I could upgrade to 12, and it worked. It had region codes. Sice this is a cyberlink problem, and cant be fixed, I've asked to file a complaint or get a refund.
MagicMau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2011 17:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
look in this thread, may help: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19547.page

bye