Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2830
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink release.

PowerDirector 12 beta patch v2830 is now available.
Release Date: 2014-May-8
Release Note:
Updates:
1. Resolves issue where “Seek by” type is not remembered after selecting objects in library.
2. Resolves issue where the program randomly crashes after updating information displayed in the timeline..
3. Improves program stability when previewing timeline clips on some platforms.

Download link:
See new beta: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/38762.page#199935

Previous beta information:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38600.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38494.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38382.page#197675

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2014 15:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd - thank you for posting this patch :

I had not experienced any of the issues that it's supposed to address, but I can confirm that the Title Designer shadow distance, incorrect Chroma Key, and slow Pixelan/secondary menu UI issues are still present in this version.

Download issue
On a side note, I was able to download this patch, but
only when I used the downloader that you provided a link to in this post. I have a couple of previous copies of the downloader app, but one of them wanted to download a patch from Feb, even though I had cleared the .ini files and renamed the previous patch.

I checked all of my copies of the downloader, and all have the same version (2.9.1.5019) and the exact same files size [0.98 MB (1,029,080 bytes)], so it would appear that they are identical. However, the date of the Digital Signature for each file varies, which means that each file is actually different. (Right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, click Properties then click the Digital Signatures tab). It would be nice if newer versions of the downloader had different version numbers, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

To add to the confusion, the "Date Modified" field in Window Explorer is always set to whatever date and time you downloaded the program, not the date the program was created. There is a field called "Date Created" that matches the timestamp on the Digital Signature, but typically WE only shows the "Date Modified." (To display the "Date Created" filed, right-click on one of the column headings in Windows Explorer [Name, Type, etc.] then check Date Created).

My Recommended Action
My point in bringing all this up is that some of the downloaders may only be able to retrieve specific patches, even if newer ones have been published. Users may be able to get the latest patch if they use a previous version of CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe on their drive, but a better approach would be to always use the downloader link in the current post.

Simply run the downloader program from the download prompt rather than saving it first, as it seems that the older versions of the downloader aren't worth keeping. I don't think we need any more frustration and wasted time just trying to retrieve and apply the latest update

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
My Recommended Action
My point in bringing all this up is that some of the downloaders may only be able to retrieve specific patches, even if newer ones have been published. Users may be able to get the latest patch if they use a previous version of CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe on their drive, but a better approach would be to always use the downloader link in the current post.[/color]

I did do that and it install v2816!

Thanks to you though I had a solution

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I've found that there are not 1 or 2, but at least 3 different ways to break clips in this new patch

Yes, I've just put a video on YT, and no, I'm not happy that I found yet more ways that PD12 is in serious need of a top-to-bottom editor overhaul. Please excuse the sarcasm here and on the video - it's 02:00 Monday morning here and I have more than a dozen videos that I'm behind on.

Unlike the previous audio/video unlink/breaking issue, I can break Nature.wmv at ANY frame rate the project is set to and the clip can be ANYWHERE in the timeline. All I need to do is use Trim and Power Tools/Video Speed set to ANY VALUE EXCEPT 0:00:00 (for Trim) and 1.00x (for the speed).

In other words, THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY THAT ANYBODY AT CYBERLINK EVER TESTED PD12 WITH TRIM AND VIDEO SPEED TOGETHER It's even worse on the last released patch, 2726. All the clips break the first time so 2830 is actually an improvement

I had been seeing issues like this pop up in brand new projects since the first patch that fixed the A/V split, but I couldn't track down when the damage happened. I finally saw enough of a pattern this evening that I could investigate, and so here we are.

Dafydd, feel free to start a new thread with this, or I can do it after I get some sleep...

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata,
Thank you for the input and video, everything has been passed onto CyberLink.

I think it would be better if the beta issues were contained within this thread, whatever they are, while this beta is ongoing.

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the input on the downloading problem you found/confirmed.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2014 06:24

optodata
[Post New]
Quote: Hi optodata,
Thank you for the input and video, everything has been passed onto CyberLink.

I think it would be better if the beta issues were contained within this thread, whatever they are, while this beta is ongoing.

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the input on the downloading problem you found/confirmed.

Dafydd

Thank you very much for forwarding this info to CL. I appreciate it!

YouTube/optodata

Jocatman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2014 21:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just wanted to let you know I upgraded from PD 11 to PD 12 this weekend, and was having issues with play back and editing being slow and choppy. I came here, saw this post, and installed the patch. Everything seems to be running smoothly now. Thank you! :

Here is my system Information:

HP Pavillion
Intel Core i7 2600
3.4 GHz (up to 3.8 GHz turbo)
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6570 1 GB DDR3

Quick question: will I see any improvement in video render time if I upgrade to a 2 GB GPU? I can say that I can now preview projects with images+videos+transitions+fx in Full HD without any noticeable hesitation in video playback and control response, which seems to be a significant improvement over V11, where I usually had to lower the quality to HD or High (I don't use Shadow Files). But I notice that there is hardly any difference in video production speed for H.264 or MP4 if I use hardware encoding or not; in fact, it sometimes it seems faster without. So wondering if upgrading GPU would produce any significant gain in time by offering better hw encoding.

Thanks again for the patch!! Perfect timing for me.

Joe
[Post New]
2 Problems that still remains for me.

1 - SVRT, sony 1440x1080 fullHD videos shows all green in the timeline, however after any effect on video, SVRT is disabled for the rest video.
2 - Custom folder in the library (F5, F6, F7) disappears after one or two days AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi playsound ,
Your observation has been reported back to CyberLink.
Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
playsound -

2 - Custom folder in the library (F5, F6, F7) disappears after one or two days

My PD12 has been doing that since it was first installed. Do your folders disappear or become empty?

Mentioned here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/37906.page#195171

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2014 15:47

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
New Beta release, 2908, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/38762.page#199935 is now available.