Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 Will Not Load On New Windows 11 PC
Aaron Cooper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2019 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I bought a new PC. It has Windows 11. I have installed PowerDirector 17 but it will not load. It took the registration key and I get to the screen were I can select either timeline, storyboard or slideshow but it then crashes by not loading beyond this screen.

Is there a fix for this to get it to work? Do I need to instal an obscure media file reader or disable something on my PC? Is 17 compatible with Windows 11?

Thanks in advance.

This is the PC I bought if the specs matter:

DELL Inspiron 3910 Desktop PC - Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB HDD & 256 SSD, Black

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/dell-inspiron-3910-desktop-pc-intel-core-i5-1-tb-hdd-and-256-ssd-black-10238554.html
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide the exact version/build of PD17.
A dxdiag file of your pc, attached, may provide additional clues. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 running smoothly on Win11. The specs you linked to don't tell us anything about how your PC is internally configured, nor does it show the details of the most recent 10 app/Windows crashes, all of which are conatined in the DxDiag file that Barry requested.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the text file here. Also make sure you download and install the final patch (build 5003 from feb 2021) from CL's support page.
Aaron Cooper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2019 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 running smoothly on Win11. The specs you linked to don't tell us anything about how your PC is internally configured, nor does it show the details of the most recent 10 app/Windows crashes, all of which are conatined in the DxDiag file that Barry requested.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the text file here. Also make sure you download and install the final patch (build 5003 from feb 2021) from CL's support page.

I don't know if this is the info you want but it's about all I can provide.

Power Director 17 Ultra. The lastest 2021 patch was installed.

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000) (22000.co_release.210604-162
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3910
BIOS: 1.0.33 (type: UEFI)
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 (12 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7880MB RAM
Page File: 5680MB used, 4120MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DirectX Database Version: 1.2.2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2022 17:21

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know if this is the info you want but it's about all I can provide.

Power Director 17 Ultra. The lastest 2021 patch was installed.

I'm not sure why you aren't willing to provide the full details as an attachment as described in the above link. All the crucial details I mentioned are in the large missing section, and they'll be required if you request support from Cyberlink
SumanB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2019 18:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have PD 17 Ultra. It was working fine on my new laptop (bought in Sep 2022) up until mid/late Sept. I opened it today and it will not run. It opens the dialog screen asking which mode to enter. And any of the options that I choose, the log screen comes up and this this just goes in circles and never stops. I ran in trouble shooting mode and it went to opening the main screen with the library and all the components but is frozen. Nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times and nothing works.

I cannot get the SR number since the thing is frozen and wont budge. I have attached the dxdiag file. The file I had originally downloaded is was called -> 1_CyberLink_PowerDirector17_Ultra_VDE180725-04.exe. This is the file I used to install on my new laptop also and then applied a patch called -> Updates PowerDirector 17 to build 5003.

Note I had not downloaded or installed any of the following files ever.
ContentPack_Essential_PowerDirector_PCP180607-01.exe
ContentPack_PremiumI_PowerDirector_PCP170517-02.exe
ContentPack_PremiumII_PowerDirector_PCP170517-03.exe
ContentPack_PremiumIII_PowerDirector_PCP170519-01.exe
ContentPack_PremiumIV_PowerDirector_PCP180620-01.exe

I really appreciate any help any member can provide. Thank you all in advance.

Suman,
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
101 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2022 16:03

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I have PD 17 Ultra. It was working fine on my new laptop (bought in Sep 2022) up until mid/late Sept. I opened it today and it will not run. ...

... the SR number is the name of the installer file, which is VDE180725-04

I have a slightly newer version that I can share with you if you send me a private message, but from what you've written it seeems like something significant happened with Windows soon after you bought your laptop, like maybe an update that went wrong. I say that because in addition to the Setup crashes shown at the end of the DxDiag results, there are several other crashes of standard Windows apps.

There a some steps you can take to try and repair the underlying issues (as described here); it's also possible that your Windows user profile has become corrupt and you'll have to create a new one. There are many sites with instructions for doing so and you can quickly find them with a Google/Bing search.

In all honesty, none of those steps are guranteed to solve the underlying problems - and if it were me, I'd make a backup of all my personal files (maybe they're already synced to OneDrive) and then do a factory reset of my system drive.

Yes, you'll lose all of your personalized settings and will have to reinstall PD and other apps, but you'll be doing so on a system that should be in pristine condition. You can also make a backup of your existing system before doing the reset so you can come back to it if needed. There are free and paid apps for doing that.

Once the system image is restored, I'd run Windows Update and make sure everything is up to date before loading any new apps, and hopefully you'll be able to get everything running again.

Since your laptop is so new, you may be able to get assitance with Windows troubleshooting and the system image restore process from Lenovo.
SumanB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2019 18:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you so much for taking the time to go through this for me. Greatly appreciated. Let me execute all the steps you recommended over the week and will let you know if this was successfull in a week's time.

Suman.
Vicki 1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2021 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Aaron - did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue when I installed on my new laptop. When i get to the screen where I select either timeline, storyboard or slideshow, it crashes.

I am wondering if the Core Isolation is not letting it load, as I had a video capture device I have been trying to load on the new laptop and it will only work if I turn off Core Isolation. However, to turn Core Isolation back on, I have to delete all the files and reinstall - whcih I don't want to do everytime I use Power Director. Core Isolation is part of the Security/Antivirus on the computer, so I don't want to keep it off all the time.

Thanks,

Quote I bought a new PC. It has Windows 11. I have installed PowerDirector 17 but it will not load. It took the registration key and I get to the screen were I can select either timeline, storyboard or slideshow but it then crashes by not loading beyond this screen.

Is there a fix for this to get it to work? Do I need to instal an obscure media file reader or disable something on my PC? Is 17 compatible with Windows 11?

Thanks in advance.

This is the PC I bought if the specs matter:

DELL Inspiron 3910 Desktop PC - Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB HDD & 256 SSD, Black

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/dell-inspiron-3910-desktop-pc-intel-core-i5-1-tb-hdd-and-256-ssd-black-10238554.html
Vicki 1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2021 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Suman:

Did you ever get this resolved as I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go through this for me. Greatly appreciated. Let me execute all the steps you recommended over the week and will let you know if this was successfull in a week's time.

Suman.