Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector crashes
hardcore_gamer29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2021 00:54 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
i bought powerdirector 19 ultimate but it seems to be crashing frequently and mainly crashes if i enter title designer . I have very powerful desktop pc but it still does not seem to work smooth my specs are:
i9 10900k
corsair 16gbx2 4133mhz ram
asus gtx 1650 ddr6 graphics card
How much more power does this software need?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Instability is most often caused by one of two issues:

1) An outdated or unstable driver, particularly for your GPU. You have a GeForce graphics card, so I recommend you download software called GeForce Experience from the nVidia site and update your driver with it. Windows Update seldom provides the latest drivers.

2) You haven't said what you're using as source video or where it's from. Some non-standard video (screen recordings with third party software for instance) uses non-standard codecs, resolutions or frame rates which can choke any video editor. If you can provide the complete specs of your video, we can determine if that is the case. Just open your source video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum.

PowerDirector is one of the most stable programs I've edited with. Most likely if we address these two issues we'll be able to resolve your crashing problem.

Assuming of course you also have lots of free space on your drive. Which, with your specs, I assume is the case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2021 11:35

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Related to StevenG's advice and suggestions, please follow the steps in the Read Me before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see the technical details of your computer.

You can also drag and drop one of your project's clips to the MediaInfo online tool, then click on the Download MediaInfo report button and attach the text file to your reply.
[Post New]
Quote Related to StevenG's advice and suggestions, please follow the steps in the Read Me before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag test results so we can see the technical details of your computer.

You can also drag and drop one of your project's clips to the MediaInfo online tool, then click on the Download MediaInfo report button and attach the text file to your reply.

i have attached dxdiag please see it and i have samsung nvme ssd 1tb no issues of space as i already told my pc is new and very powerful
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD isn't crashing because your PC is weak. It's crashing because there are some serious problems with Windows. Take a look at the WER reports at the end and you'll see that you've had several WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 crashes along with several other video-related apps.

Follow the steps in this post exactly and see if those two command line tools can repair these Windows issues.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote PD isn't crashing because your PC is weak. It's crashing because there are some serious problems with Windows. Take a look at the WER reports at the end and you'll see that you've had several WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 crashes along with several other video-related apps.

Follow the steps in this post exactly and see if those two command line tools can repair these Windows issues.

sorry but sfc scan found no integrity issues
optodata
[Post New]
What about DISM? The issue is with your PC and you have corrupted store crashes. Google WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 for other ways to fix the issue
[Post New]
Quote What about DISM? The issue is with your PC and you have corrupted store crashes. Google WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 for other ways to fix the issue

what is store crash?
[Post New]
Quote What about DISM? The issue is with your PC and you have corrupted store crashes. Google WindowsWcpOtherFailure3 for other ways to fix the issue

no errors in dism as well
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
286 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote Instability is most often caused by one of two issues:

1) An outdated or unstable driver, particularly for your GPU. You have a GeForce graphics card, so I recommend you download software called GeForce Experience from the nVidia site and update your driver with it. Windows Update seldom provides the latest drivers.

2) You haven't said what you're using as source video or where it's from. Some non-standard video (screen recordings with third party software for instance) uses non-standard codecs, resolutions or frame rates which can choke any video editor. If you can provide the complete specs of your video, we can determine if that is the case. Just open your source video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum.

PowerDirector is one of the most stable programs I've edited with. Most likely if we address these two issues we'll be able to resolve your crashing problem.

Assuming of course you also have lots of free space on your drive. Which, with your specs, I assume is the case.

Not using any source video, i am simply clikcing add tile then when i click design to enter deisgner mode the software just disappears without any error message.
optodata
[Post New]
CL tech support is your best bet then. Submit a request from here and be sure to attach the DxDiag report.
[Post New]
Quote CL tech support is your best bet then. Submit a request from here and be sure to attach the DxDiag report.

guess what when i send them this file and reply to my query that accept and submit button is not working do not know why
optodata
[Post New]
There's often a captcha and the submission won't go through without a correct entry. There's a captcha refresh button that's helpful if it's taken a long time to write up the details.

Copy everything in the text window and try refreshing the page/starting over if you're still stuck. Maybe try another browser, too. You'll know it went through when you get an email confirmation back that has a ticket number starting with CS, like CS5224468.

After that, you'll need to monitor the My Support Ticket page for their replies. They used to send out an email whenever a reply was posted there but they stopped doing that for some reason last Dec so it's a good idea to manually check the status at least once a day until you hear back

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2021 13:26

[Post New]
Quote There's often a captcha and the submission won't go through without a correct entry. There's a captcha refresh button that's helpful if it's taken a long time to write up the details.

Copy everything in the text window and try refreshing the page/starting over if you're still stuck. Maybe try another browser, too. You'll know it went through when you get an email confirmation back that has a ticket number starting with CS, like CS5224468.

After that, you'll need to monitor the My Support Ticket page for their replies. They used to send out an email whenever a reply was posted there but they stopped doing that for some reason last Dec so it's a good idea to manually check the status at least once a day until you hear back

captcha screen is not there anymore do not know what is wrong with websitr
optodata
[Post New]
That's frustrating. Not sure what to tell you other than to clear the browser's cache; try another browser; or try your phone or another computer.

Here's what I see right now:

[Post New]
Quote That's frustrating. Not sure what to tell you other than to clear the browser's cache; try another browser; or try your phone or another computer.

Here's what I see right now:

i even reinstalled windows and installed fresh power director and also i reset my ram oerclocking in bios but nothing helped, i wonder why filmora x works fine but in powerdirector if i am scrolling through transitions fast then it hangs and windows tells me to close the app as it is not responding
optodata
[Post New]
Resetting Windows is a serious step and I don't think I've ever seen that not get PD working unless there's a fundamental incompatibility, like using Windows S which has no media support.

Could you run DxDiag again and share the results? How about making a screen recording of you trying to scroll or edit that shows PD crashing?

Any luck in submitting a support request?
[Post New]
Quote Resetting Windows is a serious step and I don't think I've ever seen that not get PD working unless there's a fundamental incompatibility, like using Windows S which has no media support.

Could you run DxDiag again and share the results? How about making a screen recording of you trying to scroll or edit that shows PD crashing?

Any luck in submitting a support request?

hi thanks for replying first, please see dxdiag once it is after fresh windows install. Actually i like this software much but it is not running well, i want to buy it as well
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
160 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the new DxDiag results. I see you've got a newer Windows version and nVidia driver now, but there are still the same kinds of app faults at the end of the report, only now Edge and Windows Auto Update client have also joined the party

If this system is still under warranty I think you should contact MSI support and see what they can do.
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the new DxDiag results. I see you've got a newer Windows version and nVidia driver now, but there are still the same kinds of app faults at the end of the report, only now Edge and Windows Auto Update client have also joined the party

If this system is still under warranty I think you should contact MSI support and see what they can do.

this is an assembled pc so msi cannot do anything only i can and i did reinstall windows fresh after formatting ssd , i do not know still how this error occurs