Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdirector crashes
hardcore_gamer29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2021 00:54 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the new DxDiag results. I see you've got a newer Windows version and nVidia driver now, but there are still the same kinds of app faults at the end of the report, only now Edge and Windows Auto Update client have also joined the party

If this system is still under warranty I think you should contact MSI support and see what they can do.

this is an assembled pc so msi cannot do anything only i can and i did reinstall windows fresh after formatting ssd , i do not know still how this error occurs
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe try a new Win11 install. I have 2 machines running it and its been stable for me.

Here's one article on how to do it.
[Post New]
Quote Maybe try a new Win11 install. I have 2 machines running it and its been stable for me.

Here's one article on how to do it.

i would like to stay with 10 only also one thing i noticed when i use full hd preview it crashes but it is much less if i use hd only preview. Could this be a reason?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like a resource issue. On an old PC, PD can be so slow during previewing with 4K clips that lowering the preview resolution will help, but it shouldn't ever crash.

On a powerful new system like yours, there shouldn't be any resource limitations at all - especially when you're doing something as basic as previewing clips.

I don't know how much time you're willing to spend on this, but if you've already done a full Win10 reinstall and the problems are still present, it seems worthwhile to me to try Win11, even if you go back to Win10 afterwards. At least you'll know if the problems are still there or not.

Also have you tried reaching out to CL tech support again? Maybe the Captcha issue will have been fixed by the Win10 reinstall and they're really the people that should be helping you with this challenging set of issues.
[Post New]
Quote That sounds like a resource issue. On an old PC, PD can be so slow during previewing with 4K clips that lowering the preview resolution will help, but it shouldn't ever crash.

On a powerful new system like yours, there shouldn't be any resource limitations at all - especially when you're doing something as basic as previewing clips.

I don't know how much time you're willing to spend on this, but if you've already done a full Win10 reinstall and the problems are still present, it seems worthwhile to me to try Win11, even if you go back to Win10 afterwards. At least you'll know if the problems are still there or not.

Also have you tried reaching out to CL tech support again? Maybe the Captcha issue will have been fixed by the Win10 reinstall and they're really the people that should be helping you with this challenging set of issues.

i have powerful system with fastest cpu on planet i9 10900k and 32 gb ram do not know why problems with PD but i tried sony vegas, filmora, pinnacle studio all trials but problem is only with PD, even i tried adobe premier elements which is much heavy and still ran smooth
optodata
[Post New]
Quote i have powerful system with fastest cpu on planet i9 10900k

Lol, you're not even close. Your CPU is just over half as powerful as mine, and mine is barely in the top 40.

As I've said from the beginning, your issues have nothing to do with how powerful your system is. It's got more than enough processing power to make editing smooth but something crucial is somehow wrong with Windows on your system.

I can't explain it, especially after you've taken the time to reinstall it, and that's why CL tech support needs to be involved. I can't do anything else to help you out. I'm really sorry, but I don't have any more suggestions.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

Lol, you're not even close. Your CPU is just over half as powerful as mine, and mine is barely in the top 40.

As I've said from the beginning, your issues have nothing to do with how powerful your system is. It's got more than enough processing power to make editing smooth but something crucial is somehow wrong with Windows on your system.

I can't explain it, especially after you've taken the time to reinstall it, and that's why CL tech support needs to be involved. I can't do anything else to help you out. I'm really sorry, but I don't have any more suggestions.

thanks for your efforts but CL support also asked me for dxdiag then they also told it has errors now i cannot do anything about these errors
optodata
[Post New]
The only other thing I can think of is that there might be some kind of hardware issue, like a bent CPU pin. See if you can run a full hardware diagnosic utility that might help you uncover anything unusual and then run it again when you're overclocked, if possible.
[Post New]
Quote The only other thing I can think of is that there might be some kind of hardware issue, like a bent CPU pin. See if you can run a full hardware diagnosic utility that might help you uncover anything unusual and then run it again when you're overclocked, if possible.

you are going too far there no damage like that i also do assemple pc myself when i clean the dust off it so there is no damage and only this PD does not work there is no other app or heavy games that do not work everything is fine except this PD