Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 capture problems
NancyB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2020 11:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the Diamond ONe touch VC500 system to convert my VHS home video to digital. It has a Power director 12 and EZ grabber bunble. I have never gotten the EZ grabber to work and the PD seems to only cature 15 minutes of video at a time. Is there something in the software that I have missed that will allow it to reord longer. I set the time to record for 55 minutes and the strange thing is that it records the second half of the video, not the begining what I first hit the record button. is there something in the setting I am missing to get it to record all of it.

Please Help.

Nancy
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
PD 12LE is what you got. it's not a full program. if you want to stick with what you know then i recommend this from eBay or this one.

and or read this Does Power Director Capture from a Dazzle Video Capture Device .

work around is using the free video capture programs. after capture then use the PD 12LE for final editing and production...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
NancyB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2020 11:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.
PD 12LE is what you got. it's not a full program. if you want to stick with what you know then i recommend this from eBay or this one.

and or read this Does Power Director Capture from a Dazzle Video Capture Device .

work around is using the free video capture programs. after capture then use the PD 12LE for final editing and production...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This did help me understand what was going on, I will upgrade thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This recent post on the subject may also help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84078.page .