Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWER DIRECTOR 10 - What Would Make You Buy It?
ducky124 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 14:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The only thing that would make me buy it is if they refunded my money for version 9 and then guaranteed that 10 will not crash and lock up like the previous ones. This is the worst software I have ever used!

oh and tech support is useless.
GSB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2011 06:58 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Being able to produce 'BDAV' Blu-ray video type AVC files (m2ts). Although I would hape this to come as a patch for PD9. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
ATI Radeon 6670 1GB GDDR5 (Sapphire Ultimate)
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
How could I forget. A frame accurate timeline that lets you specify how many FPS (not just the outdated PAL vs NTSC option), I want to be able to set my fps or at least have the major fps visible in the timeline including 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, and 60fps. PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
ProducerMelissa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2010 18:27 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
More Picture Slide show Options
Sony nv7802u
intel core i7
620 gb hhd
Nvidia Video card
Win 7 64 bit
DVD Burner

Melissa
Patrick24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 16:19 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I just submitted feedback for this feature to Cyberlink... But I would like to have "Undo" and "Redo"'s that describe the last action taken. I like to be able to check at times and also it gives me reassurance.

I hope that this is incorporated into the next version... this would definitely encourage me to upgrade.

I would also like to have a better "cut/copy and paste" solution when working in the timeline.

At times, copying or cutting a clip to paste in another area without interrupting the rest of the timeline sequence would be useful. I think it could be implemented so much better than it is now. Final Cut Pro handles this function very well from what I remember.

I have to resort to going to the end of the timeline and pasting the clip there and then moving it back to the new place. This is cumbersome because the timeline is oftentimes long and especially with short clips and the zoomed in timeline, the drag of a clip can take quite a while.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2011 15:00

holstmedia1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 01:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
NOTHING WOULD WANT TO MAKE ME BUY PD10!

I have PD6, PD8 and PD9 and they all had massive bugs which Cyberlink never fixed or addressed. PD9 being the worst - I program closes when trying to create disc - I don't even get to the create disc screen. And the tech support is anything other than supportive, it is email based and painful to communicate with anyone who knows what they are doing.

I will NEVER buy Cyberlink products ever again. It's a joke and I have lost too much money in the process. I have lost clients and about $3000 dollars while the tech clowns have wasted my time for two weeks. This is a very defective product and company!! STAY AWAY - it's a nightmare.

Cyberlink and it's staff don't care once they have your money there is no effective after sales service unless you pay for it and given the service I have received so far I am not risking further money loss.

I have instructed the as a matter of desperation to contact me and they have not even tried to contact me via phone. Their managers don't care and there are no formal complaint processes. There are many other programs out there and Powerdirector regardless of it's claims in in no way unique. Try any other program than this one is my advice.

Good luck! I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Holstmedia,

Reflection : If I had to serve 3000$ customers... I wouldn't do that with 99$ tools...

:

Hugo
holstmedia1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 01:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hugo,

Thanks I have a trustworthy back but that's not the point. There are things I needed or had planned to do specifically with this program but cannot create discs. The price is not the problem but rather the program, don't advertise what you can't deliver.

The point is I am a long standing client and the product has gotten worse and worse and the service sucks dirt!

HMP I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I see you have only posted 2 messages, have you tried to use the forum for tech support? We are better than CL at getting things up and running. Post a new topic and we'll try to help. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
A new feature in PD10 on Program Robustness Improvement

As video editing software is a very sophisticated program hence even when the user reports a system crash issue it may be hard for us to reproduce the bug to fix it. In order to improve this situation, one new feature has been added into PD10 which will work as following:

1. When a system crash happens, PD10 will generate a small log file indicating what went wrong in the program.
2. User will be asked to allow PD10 send this log file back to CyberLink. If yes, our engineering team will receive this log file which will be very helpful for us to identify the problem and fix it.

Microsoft and some big software companies have been doing this for some years to improve product quality. This new feature has been implemented in PD10 and has been tested for few weeks now and the result was very promising. We are confident that this new feature can make PD10 a more robust product over time.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
One giant step forward... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed Barry!

As I said somewhere above, a little participation now and then, from actual Cyberlink staff, would be the most welcome development to ever occur in these forums. As it fosters the feeling that both Cyberlink, and the forum membership, are in this together in an effort to improve PD for vendor and user alike.

Thanks for the update Cyberlink-ProductManager.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Well, that explains why in prior versions of PD the application would "hang" or "go into suspended mode" or "loop forever" or present a "failure in . . . " without any useful message to the user. It also confirms that the developers were never interested in user feedback and simply counted on luck to allow the application to stumble along. This new approach sounds welcoming but remains to be verified by users on this forum. One small step for mankind . . .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 22:26

Win 10, i7
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
A giant leap forward for CyberLink !! Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Patrick24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 16:19 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Oh good! This is excellent, especially for a video editing program. Thanks for the update!
[Post New]
I came from Adobe PE 9 and was frustrated by the slow workflow. I tried PD9 and find it much easier to work with. The quality has been fantastic.

My two BIG requests for V10:

1) Audio Normalize via right click on a clip.
2) Audio DirectX and VST plugin support.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
You already have VST in Wave Editor. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
I didn't realize that... Thank you!!

DirectX would be very welcome though. And the Normalize feature is the one I really want.
SPICERPR0
Newbie Location: Ocean City, MD Joined: Jul 12, 2011 12:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
My Wish List

Preview Window When playing a movie in the timeline, Movie Mode should activate automatically (rather than Clip Mode). This would save repeatedly having to click the Movie Mode or Page Down buttons every time.

Magic Motion / Motion Designer Utilize subpixel processing to smooth pans and zooms. Currently moves jump from pixel to pixel. Most competitive products employee subpixel processing. Plus, add an option for slow-in and slow-out on pans and zooms. IOW, the move gently accelerates at the beginning and decelerates at the end. Currently. moves start and stop abruptly. Most competitive products offer this option.

Nudge Controls Allow the use of arrow buttons (or comma and period) in all windows to increment controls, keyframe position, values, slide bars, etc. And, permit the direct input of numerical values (in addition to the slide bar).

Audio Level Meter A VU meter, digital bar graph or anything that indicates audio level that can be turned on/off as desired. It could be placed under the Preview Window or user-positionable. It's primary purposes would be to indicate relative levels and clipping.

Space Bar Enable the Space Bar to start and stop playback in all preview windows including Media Viewer, PIP Designer, WaveEditor, etc. This is a universal shortcut employed by most media playback devices.

Color Controls Add RGB controls to Color Adjustment, and a Gamma slider.

This message was edited 16 times. Last update was at Sep 30. 2011 05:32

Bill Spicer
Spicer Pro, LLC, Ocean City, MD
Win7 Professional 64-bit, Xeon 2.80GHz (4 CPUs)
6144MB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
It takes a community to resolve editing software issues.
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Color Controls Add RGB controls to Color Adjustment. Also, Gamma would be very helpful.

I agree some sort of curves adjustment.
Also i'd like to see PD10 support gif. files as animations including the alpha transparency.
MAN HON WILLIAM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 23:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Improve the photos quality in 1080p output, it's not smooth and not clear in PD9

Improve the reverse function, it always having problem.

auto decrease the volume of background music when the movie have human voice

thanks