Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I use Power Director (5.00.1018c Deluxe) since several years. I enjoy it but I find difficult to control the audio level because there is no VU-meter.
Do somebody knows a plug-in or a VU-meter to be connected to the output of Power Director ?
Sorry for my poor english, my mother langage is french.
Thanks in advance.
Quote: My problem is:
At some point in the middle of the project the application just crashes without any error message. When I reopen the project it loads all the media files. At the point where the time line should be created the application crashes again. This happens with almost every video project I start (except the very tiny ones).

Same problem.
I am carefull. After i burn a backup, I read it at ounce to make sure it is ok. But I was not carefull enough.
If I modify anything(even the lenght of 1 small video) and burn a new backup, this last one cannot be open.
I had to start again from a backup older. I did the same job, same videos, same audios and it works So I do'nt understand.
As I encountered same error in five projects among a lot of project, I could notice a différence. For the five, I used the "magic tools" ans not for the others.
Now I do'nt use magic tools and I do'nt have error anymore.
What a pity.
Sorry for my poor english, I am french speaking.
Regards.
Quote: The only issue I have is trying to get the 'disc menu' button to work. that's it.
CC

Hi,
I use PD since 1 year without any major problem.
for the "disk menu" I found it works only if I add a small video in the "first play" area. If tou try, let me know the result ?
Regards :
Quote:
For now, i am puzzling over why I cannot use the "disc menu" button on my newly created DVD. The menu has 6 thumbnail chapters, all work fine, I can 'search' in between them fine. When I try to get back to the menu, the circle with a line thru it appears on the tv. This indicates a function that will not work on the disc.

Hi,
Did you try putting a small video in the "first play video" area ?
Quote: Also, is there any way you can make a slideshow using Powerdirector that's accessible through the menu? I can't seem to figure out how yet..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Stu,
I had same problem. It has been solved by adding a small video (a few seconds) in the area "first play video" in the last step before burning.
sorry for my poor english, I am french speaking. :
Hello brynn,
yes, you are right.
let me know when the problem is solved.
Quote: Hi , hope someone can help , ive produced and burnt a dvd with powerdir 5 , and its great apert from one thing , when playing the movie , i cannot get back to the menu screen to select another chapter , i know on the remote i can press 1,2,3 etc and it takes me to that chapter , but thats not what i want to produce , i just want to press the remotes menu button and get back to the select screen , but not possible for some reason ? surely i dont have to start looking for new software to do this simple task ?
Many thanks

Hello Brynn,
I solved the problem this way : Before burning, put a small video (a few seconds is enough) in the lowest area of the right window (introduction video).
Sorry for my poor english :
Quote: I have PD3, so I do not know specifically about PD5. I would imagine that the project files should at least be similar.

The PowerDirectory PDS file is an XML based file. You can open a PDS document in notepad or another text editor and perform replace on old path with the new path. I do recommend that you make a backup copy of any PDS file prior to modifying it in this way.

I am gratefull to you Ferguson. Following your advice, I did the job in a few minutes.
Obviously, D Bevan is right. But I started the job 1 year ago. I was intended to build a video with 100 very old pictures. The result was so pleasant, I kept on. Now several thousands pictures are numeric and I have to upgrade my organization for backup purpose.
Many thanks again. Greetings
Hello,
I use PD 5 since 1 year for making videos with thousands pictures.
I had to reorganize these pictures. After moving pictures to a new directory, PD5 ask the path for each pictures. This is a lot of work !
I did not found how to do the job easier. Change the default import directory do not help.
Sorry for my poor english.
Go to: