Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi
I have been using PD11 Ultra since Dec 2012 and very pleased with its performance. Now things are not so good.
At the "create disc" point I always create video files rather than burn to disc then burn using ImgBurn and have had very
few problems.
I am attempting to burn mpg files to a DVD and although PD11 indicates a file size of say 4.5g a smart fit on a 4.7g disc,the file created in the 3 attempts I have made was 14.7g!!.
"Burning successful" pops up after process but there is that huge file!
I have installed the latest patch and tried again with same result.
Am thinking a reinstall may be the answer??

Hi
I recently purchased a new computer which has a Nvidia GE Force GT 540m graphics card.

During editing/rendering there appears to be no involvement of this card...Norton frequently pops up to advise CPU usage is high.

Edit/Preferences indicates GPU acceleration is enabled for NVIDIA CUDA Technology.

I am having no problems with PD8 but was anticipating some improved performance.

Can anyone explain how this works(or doesn't work)?
Thanks for reply Jaime... would be great if all problems were as easily solved..tried that and it worked fine...
Hi ...Since update the menus that are included with PD8 are just a mess of multicoloured shapes when "applied to all" at the "create disc" stage.The menus appear normal at "Menu Preferences".Custom menus I created remain unaffected.Is there an easy fix?Would reinstalling the ContentPackage(I purchased PD8 via download) solve?
I found there is a limit of 1gig for total menu...had used a video clip approx 200meg and had 36 chapters..no warning re size of menu background video..until "create disc....burn.." then burn stopped and the message.."menu exceeds 1gig limit..burning unsuccessful"...again no mention of background video,but seemed to me that could be the problem...reducing the clip to 30 sec duration(approx 29mb) solved the problem.
Thanks Kevin....that's handy to know...is a good concept by PD8...would be good if it worked as intended..

Kent
Had exactly same problem as you Chris...I have had 3 attempts and 3 failures..but have uploaded the file successfully from within Facebook...is a pity there is no option to stop after the file is rendered....waste of time waiting for the upload from PD8...unsuccessful...then time spent again uploading from facebook...
Yes ...bar at lower screen shows disc capacity and the space the project requires on that disc...I check these..still occassionally get the "unavailable space".. burn failure..I purchased PD8 Ultra online after trialling PD8 deluxe for 30 days...trial version of PD8 deluxe worked perfectly..not one error burning many productions...hence my proceeding to purchase the program...but was enticed into upgrading to PD8 Ultra...does the Deluxe version have these issues??
That's correct..thanks JL...should have made that clearer..fortunately Smartfit has so far been successful..mostly..and if I follow a protocol suggested previously..ie when burning to disc,also tick the "burn to file" option..have often had a burn failure due to "inadequate space available..." usually around the 20% mark...if this additional option is selected failures seem to be less and if they do occur,usually during the "authoring" phase, and so the disc is not written to...so saving on discs!!
a change in the available options occurs sometimes..mostly 3 options,namely..HQ..SP..Smartfit
But occassionally LP also is an option....then next project back to the usual 3
Size of output does not seem to be a factor..anybody know why this occurs?..I am using PD8 build 2704 online purchase.
Go to: