Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8..Disc Preferences..Video Format and Quality..
Kent105 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2010 19:19 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
a change in the available options occurs sometimes..mostly 3 options,namely..HQ..SP..Smartfit
But occassionally LP also is an option....then next project back to the usual 3
Size of output does not seem to be a factor..anybody know why this occurs?..I am using PD8 build 2704 online purchase.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I had noticed that too, CL for some strange reason has it tied to aspect ratio, toggle between 4:3 and 16:9 and you will see it change. Makes no sense to me and was NOT like this in previous PD versions but I've given up on making suggestions for improvements to the Create Disc menu features, very little improves.

Jeff

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2010 20:29

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Did you scroll up the options? When the HD options are available the list is at the bottom, which hides LP. Scroll up and it should be there. When working in 4:3 the HD options are not available and the list is short enough to show the LP. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Jamie,

Your in "Produce" not "Create Disc". I think the original question is about Disc preferences as the title states.

Jeff
Kent105 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's correct..thanks JL...should have made that clearer..fortunately Smartfit has so far been successful..mostly..and if I follow a protocol suggested previously..ie when burning to disc,also tick the "burn to file" option..have often had a burn failure due to "inadequate space available..." usually around the 20% mark...if this additional option is selected failures seem to be less and if they do occur,usually during the "authoring" phase, and so the disc is not written to...so saving on discs!!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I see where you are now. As you said, LP is there for 4:3, but not 16:9. I always use HQ and never even noticed that before. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Isn't there a bar graph at the bottom of the screen that tellsyou how much space you will need? I've only burned disks with the HQ setting so I don't know if it updates with smart fit. It just seems that burn errors due to inadaquete space available should be avoidable. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Kent105 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes ...bar at lower screen shows disc capacity and the space the project requires on that disc...I check these..still occassionally get the "unavailable space".. burn failure..I purchased PD8 Ultra online after trialling PD8 deluxe for 30 days...trial version of PD8 deluxe worked perfectly..not one error burning many productions...hence my proceeding to purchase the program...but was enticed into upgrading to PD8 Ultra...does the Deluxe version have these issues??