Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Seems like they want you to either make a mini HTPC or force you to buy an standalone ultra HD player. Having to plug your monitor or tv directly into your motherboard just to playback ultra HD content seems a bit rediculous and only that it suppirts 7th gen or higher Intel. This doesn't seem well thought out lol

Yeah...the movie studios try to make it difficult. I am sure CyberLink wishes it was easier, so they can sell more copies of PowerDVD.

At the very least, I have the drive in case this changes in the future. But, I'd rather get PowerDVD 17 + AACS 2.0 decryption feature though GPU or CPU or have that a part of PowerDVD 18. I'd even pay to have a AACS decryptor running in the background that handles this (legally of course).

Ryzen 2700X + Gigabyte X470 Aorus board + UHD Bluray drive not asking to much. I'm not sure why people who legitimately want to watch moving on their computer would be barred from doing so. Not only that, work on specific motherboard and from a specfic CPU and CPU brand. Punishing consumers for the preference of hardware and bluray UHD playback is not smart business. Do they really want UHD to fail? By they, I mean the movie industry. Seems so.
Quote Hello,

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. From what I have read elsewhere, there is no appetite from other hardware manufacturers to integrate the required DRM required for UHD BD playback. They focus more on gaming and Netflix 4K HDR, which doesn't require the same security technology.

If you want to play UHD BDs on a PC, currently you have to follow this spec: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19860

Dave

Seems like they want you to either make a mini HTPC or force you to buy an standalone ultra HD player. Having to plug your monitor or tv directly into your motherboard just to playback ultra HD content seems a bit rediculous and only that it suppirts 7th gen or higher Intel. This doesn't seem well thought out lol
I'm am looking to build a new computer soon with the Pioneer BDR-211UBK Blu-Ray that can also play Ultra Blurday DVDs.

From what I have been reading, PowerDVD needs an Intel Kaby Lake or higher processor. But what if you are not using the integrated GPU for bluray UHD playback?

I was hoping I can get an NVidia 10/11 (when 11 comes out) series GPU and use that along side a Ryzen 2700X that's coming out in a few days. I would think that if I had at least this I can do this build. I would think that the new Ryzen 2 would have instructions similar to Intel's SGX to support Ultra HD playback.

I could also do an 8700K but for gaming, how long that would last before it would be considered obsolete.

The computer would mostly be a Gaming/Bluray playback build.

Currently running an i7-3770K with a GTX 980.

Thanks everyone.
I find that powerdvd is very sensitive to discs. THe slightest scratch, finger print or smudge will result in loss of frames for a brief moment. It happends to me as well. Discs that have no markings play perfectly. I need to get a disc cleaner that should help playback. I have the same card as well. Make sure you do have the latest drivers from their site.
I did a right click on the language selection and chose the 2nd english option which enabled the TrueHD. Didn't see this before I guess it was how they made the disc and how powerdvd selects the audio.
I'll have to check and see if there is an option though I didn't seee one. Usually powerdvd 10 ultra automatically finds it. It never switched to it even when I have show information turned on. Sometimes I ccheck it to see if it does that and if it does I just have to re-handshake my receiver then it picks it up.
SOmething is preventing your program from launching. I can confirm PowerDVD 9 and PowerDVD 10 both launch no problem with Windows 7 64-bit.
Does anyone have any issues regarding TrueHD audio playback using Warner Brother bluray discs? I have an Auzentech TrueTheater HD card and all master audio works great with PowerDVD 10 and Sony Pictures and Tristar picture bluray discs play TrueHD perfectly. But whenever I try Warner Brother bluray such as V for Vendetta and I am legend to name two I own, it will not play TrueHD but only output dolby digital? Anyone else have these issues regarding their discs. So far that's my only conclusion based on the discs I've tested so far.
AnyDVD HD may help. I know it can block other additions like extra content that may not allow the disc to load. Plus it really doesn't use up any resources and it does decryption on the fly.

Mine plays, but like most of my bluray I get studder ike 1 to 2 times a movie. LIke it's a sudder, then the video catches up 5 min later. I'm going to try enditall to see if there are to many processes running. Though You'd think I'd have plenty of processing pwoer with 6gigs of ram Quad core Core I7 running at 3.2Ghz with a GTX 285 with latest drivers. So, I'm a little lost there. other than that all movies so far play as they should. I should also mention I'm running an Auzentech HD Hometheater HD audio card.
maybe it's your drive. I'm not sure. I have an LG Bluray drive with powerdvd ulra 10 and I just tried my copy of district 9 and it plays perfectly.
Go to: