Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Warner Brother and TrueHD not getting along on titles I've tested
GamerWithGlasses [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2010 02:09 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone have any issues regarding TrueHD audio playback using Warner Brother bluray discs? I have an Auzentech TrueTheater HD card and all master audio works great with PowerDVD 10 and Sony Pictures and Tristar picture bluray discs play TrueHD perfectly. But whenever I try Warner Brother bluray such as V for Vendetta and I am legend to name two I own, it will not play TrueHD but only output dolby digital? Anyone else have these issues regarding their discs. So far that's my only conclusion based on the discs I've tested so far.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aaron,

did you chosse the "True HD" option in the Audio menu of the BD?
It works for me when choose the English Ture HD in the Audio settings of the Blu-Ray disc

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David_H [Avatar]
Member Location: U.S. Joined: Jan 08, 2009 16:19 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aaron,

I've got Warner Bro's Harry Potter blu-ray collection (all 6 movies) and they all play fine with TrueHD on my system with PowerDVD 10 Ultra.

Kind regards, David
[Post New]
I'll have to check and see if there is an option though I didn't seee one. Usually powerdvd 10 ultra automatically finds it. It never switched to it even when I have show information turned on. Sometimes I ccheck it to see if it does that and if it does I just have to re-handshake my receiver then it picks it up.
[Post New]
I did a right click on the language selection and chose the 2nd english option which enabled the TrueHD. Didn't see this before I guess it was how they made the disc and how powerdvd selects the audio.