Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
sorry for late reply been away .

I have done all of the above here is the advisor debug attached

I also tried powerdvd 13 via the trial and it worked fine although the 3d bluray video is stuttery at times.

I also note I have tried a full system format and clean install and same problem happens. Computer 3d is fine, powerdvd 10 ultra wont initiate.

hi micheal here are the following details.

Powerdvd 10 ultra full version (mark II 10.0.523.54

powerdvd SR Number: DVD130419-01

Powerdvd TR number : TR130425-015

Operating system : Windows 8 pro x64

Admin restrictions are off

Used VGA : GTX460

Driver version : 320.18

Audio device : HD definition audio

Audio driver : 6.2.9200.16497

Audio settings : Optical while using projector, HDMI raw to onkyo tru-HD, DTS-MASTER device

Used ODD Drive: Lg HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L

Displays : Acer projector H5360, 47" LG model (47LM640T-ZA)

Display connection : HDMI on both devices

Display refresh rate : Acer H5360 720P 120Hz 3d mode (NVidia 3d Vision) 47LM640T 1080p 24 hz (3d mode) 60 hz (normal mode)

Single or dual monitor : Single monitor

Details of 3d setting in powerdvd : General (left eye first) , Source (auto detect) , Display device (auto detect)

What AV do you use: none (with exception of windows own firewall) as its a dedicated HTPC limted internet access.

Which internet browser do you use : Internet explorer 10

Do you use virtual ODD : No

Issue description.

When I try to initiate 3d mode a screen pops up saying that it is unable to initiate 3D and to try and select a different 3d source.

I have tried reinstalling graphics drivers via a clean install and with NVidia ir emitter plugged in. I have also tried teinstalling powerdvd 10 with all updates but same thing happens.

I have tried several 3D Blu-Rays , avatar 3d, Titanic 3D , Tron 3D .

These titles worked previously , 3D mode works for games and other software that uses 3d mode. Powerdvd 10 is the only software not initiating 3D.
hi im having problems with powerdvd 10 3d mode.

Ive setup my pc I have tried 3d vision and powerdvd wont initiate 3d it just wont see any 3d device and I have even tried my 3dtv which is full hd 3d.

Everything worked fine a few months back. I have updated my drivers and also upgraded to the latest powerdvd patch .

When I choose 3d devices I see both hdmi 1.4 device and 3d vision device whne either are connected. I have run the 3d setup wizard for each device so it knows what type of 3d to run.

Can you please advise what is up ? I have tried avatar 3d titanic 3d and a few others but all I get is "powedvd can not initiate 3d please try selecting another device."

it annoying because it all worked fine.
ahh yes nice setup wizard.

Now 3dtv play is out too just plug my 3d vision in and get that free too
still no luck on my end.

even when i manualy set the refresh to 24hz
I am using a samsung 46" 3dtv c750

Monsters v Aliens 3D blu-ray film is the film I was wanting to play.

Yea I pressed the 3d button which said i needed to be in full screen mose which i clicked yes.

I tried auto detect which did not work then i changed the selection to HDMI 1.4 Device.

hope this helps

kind regards
Hi I hope someone can help.

I have followed every step per the 3d sticky and powerdvd wont detect my 3dtv.

I have the following

gtx460
win 7 ult
newest nvidia drivers
powerdvd 10 ultra mk2 latest update.

I just cant seem to get powerdvd to detect my display as 3dtv , I know the graphics card has HDMI 1.4 so everything seems to be set and what i need for it to work.

can someone help or advise ?
well that did not work went to settings changed input to PC but still no checkboard selection and if i go into 3d menue the checkboard is still greyed out.
Quote: best thing is ... I googled for that problem and was directed to the arcsoft total media theatre forums. there I found this post. the user said that it worked very well.

google is not my friend

Ill give this a try see how it goes ... dunno if my cpu will handle it as the gts250 wont decode via its hrdware.
Quote: Well David, there is a workaround for that apparently.

From what Ive heard you have to activate PC Mode on your Samsung TV on one of the HDMI connectors. Then you hit the 3D button on your remote control and choose: Checker-Board. Then it should work. PowerDvD only supports Checker Board as 3D output Channel on that TVs.

Go for it :

Im gonna test it when I am at home this evening.

thank you very much I will give this a go was goint to buy a 3d playr but i dont want to buy one as £260 - £300 is just not worth it at the moment as i have a nice pc and a ps3.
Quote: So you use 3D vision in fact?

yes and no

I use 3d vision for my projector , MY tv is a proper 3D TV which wont work with powerdvd ultra 10 mk2. I was under the impression when i purchased it that when mk2 was released it would work fully with samsung 3D tv`s. When a 3D blu-ray is loaded the screen will auto initiate 3d mode , if it was above below or side by side format you can initiate that manually.

Quote: Are we going to see a patch to make vista compatible with 3d blue ray. If not i am to be very dissapointed. Also, i have a N295gtx which is not listed in the compatibility under cards, i hope this will change as well.

Looking at nvidia site it looks as though it wont, I purchased a gts250 thinking that it would be able to decode 3d blu-ray via its hardware but it does not and only a few cards will.

gt240 a few 300 series cards and 400 series cards.

Looks as though we have been taking for a ride again , it would have been cheaper for me to get a 3d blu-ray player as i thought ohh I have a computer ill upgrade graphics and purchase powerdvd 10 ultra this would save me money, now the extra 100 quid i would have spent on the player doesnt sound too bad now.
Quote: hdmi cables are not 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.
I a reseller sold you with an higer price, it is only for a logo witch change nothing.

You should be more precise on what happen exactly and what is displayed on your TV.

Also you should read the hardware 3D compatibility list on cyberlink web-page.
The 3Doutput "3D ready TV" is checkerboard output, mainly for DLP video projectors and DLP retro-projected TVs.
You should choose the 120Hz one instead.

And I repeat, remember, your computer will send a 3D signal to your TV but I think your TV should not recognize it. You will have to manually activate it on your TV.

And I repeat 3d wont work no matter what is choosed and with 3d tv when using 3d blu-ray the tv will activate automatically as you cant activate it manually unless your media file is side by side or above below. 3D Blu-ray should auto enable 3D which i belive is frame packing.
anyone able to help ?

I tried a hdmi 1.3 and a 1.4 cable and a dvi to hdmi cable.

I thought powerdvd would be compatible with 3d tvs this is why i purchased it.
46" samsung c750

windows 7 x64

Latest drivers from nvidia

the blu-ray i was trying came with the starter pack monsters v alien , cyber link will just not kick the TV in 3d mode even when i manualy select 3d ready TV.
Hi

Is there any reason why the new powerdvd 10 mk 2 will not detect my display as 3d and activate the 3d mode ?

I have a gt250 which I thought was compatible ?
thank you kind sir that worked a charm
Hi I upgraded to powerdvd 10 and also got a new graphics card.

Few issues with the truetheatre, CUDA is greyed out and so is the true motion as it wont let me select it to smoothest.

Hardware acceleration is disabled so i can make the truetheatre option.

Graphics card drivers are up to date and the card is a brand new gts250.

anyone else have this issue or know what the problem is ?
Go to: