Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd mk2 wont detect my 3d display.
David2780 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2010 05:28 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Is there any reason why the new powerdvd 10 mk 2 will not detect my display as 3d and activate the 3d mode ?

I have a gt250 which I thought was compatible ?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

which Display?
which content (BD/DVD)?
which OS?
which VGA driver?

Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2010 11:19

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
46" samsung c750

windows 7 x64

Latest drivers from nvidia

the blu-ray i was trying came with the starter pack monsters v alien , cyber link will just not kick the TV in 3d mode even when i manualy select 3d ready TV.
Guig Esprit du Sage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 20:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I was thinking only HDMI 1.4 3D signal was able to auto activate 3D screens.

Graphic cards with HDMI 1.4 still does not exists (for example Geforce 480 GTX is HDMI 1.3a compatible).

So I think you simply have to active manually the right 3D mode on your TV.

Additionally, I think HDMI 1.4 3D data video need a compatible software.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2010 17:45

David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
anyone able to help ?

I tried a hdmi 1.3 and a 1.4 cable and a dvi to hdmi cable.

I thought powerdvd would be compatible with 3d tvs this is why i purchased it.
[Post New]
hdmi cables are not 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.
I a reseller sold you with an higer price, it is only for a logo witch change nothing.

You should be more precise on what happen exactly and what is displayed on your TV.

Also you should read the hardware 3D compatibility list on cyberlink web-page.
The 3Doutput "3D ready TV" is checkerboard output, mainly for DLP video projectors and DLP retro-projected TVs.
You should choose the 120Hz one instead.

And I repeat, remember, your computer will send a 3D signal to your TV but I think your TV should not recognize it. You will have to manually activate it on your TV.
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hdmi cables are not 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.
I a reseller sold you with an higer price, it is only for a logo witch change nothing.

You should be more precise on what happen exactly and what is displayed on your TV.

Also you should read the hardware 3D compatibility list on cyberlink web-page.
The 3Doutput "3D ready TV" is checkerboard output, mainly for DLP video projectors and DLP retro-projected TVs.
You should choose the 120Hz one instead.

And I repeat, remember, your computer will send a 3D signal to your TV but I think your TV should not recognize it. You will have to manually activate it on your TV.

And I repeat 3d wont work no matter what is choosed and with 3d tv when using 3d blu-ray the tv will activate automatically as you cant activate it manually unless your media file is side by side or above below. 3D Blu-ray should auto enable 3D which i belive is frame packing.
nabbl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2010 09:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Same Problem here.

I`ve got an Onkyo TX-SR308 3D Ready Receiver and a Samsung C7700 3D Ready TV. Nevertheless which Device I plug in, the Cyberlink BD/3D Advisor says that none of my devices will work with 3D. But both should work with their specifications.

When I put in a 3D bluray the loading bar remains at 99% and I have to close Power DvD via Task Manager.

Any Idea on that?

Additional Information:
Software: OS: Windows 7 32bit / Player: Power DVD 10 Ultra 3D

Internals: Mainboard: Asus M3A78-EM, AMD 780G, AM2+ / CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e BOX / RAM: Kingston ValueRAM, 2x1GB Kit, DDR2-800, CL5 / Graphics: Club3D HD 5750 Noiseless Edition 1GB / Harddisk: Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B, 7200rpm, 16MB, 1TB / TV-Card: Technotrend S-1600, PCI DVB-S2 / ROM: Lite-On iHES106, BluRay ROM, DVD-Brenner / Power-Supply: Be Quiet! Straight Power BQT E6-350W 80plus

Externals: Screen: Samsung 46" LED C7700 (3D ready) / Case: LianLi v351 / AVR: Onkyo TX-SR308, 5.1 Receiver, Dolby True HD / NAS: Synology DS-710+

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2010 09:54

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2010 18:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think either nVidia or ATI have released display drivers that support framepacked (1920x2155 resolution images with some special header info, iirc) output yet. Technically, HDMI 1.3 should be able to output that format (the Samsung 3D TVs even say 'Detect 3D input from HDMI 1.3 and automatically adjust to 3D setting). If you want to do checkerboard on a Samsung 3D LED, you have to set the Input Name for whichever HDMI you're using from the PC to 'PC' and that will enable fullscreen checkerboard at 1920x1080. This won't work at 1920x1080@24hz, though. So until nVidia and ATI release a driver update that enables framepacking, and Cyberlink releases another patch to PDVD 10 that enables framepacking, there's no way to watch 3D blu-rays 100% correctly.

[edit]Just realized my username is the same as the OP's. We're not the same person.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2010 01:39

Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2010 21:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Are we going to see a patch to make vista compatible with 3d blue ray. If not i am to be very dissapointed. Also, i have a N295gtx which is not listed in the compatibility under cards, i hope this will change as well.
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Are we going to see a patch to make vista compatible with 3d blue ray. If not i am to be very dissapointed. Also, i have a N295gtx which is not listed in the compatibility under cards, i hope this will change as well.

Looking at nvidia site it looks as though it wont, I purchased a gts250 thinking that it would be able to decode 3d blu-ray via its hardware but it does not and only a few cards will.

gt240 a few 300 series cards and 400 series cards.

Looks as though we have been taking for a ride again , it would have been cheaper for me to get a 3d blu-ray player as i thought ohh I have a computer ill upgrade graphics and purchase powerdvd 10 ultra this would save me money, now the extra 100 quid i would have spent on the player doesnt sound too bad now.
[Post New]
So you use 3D vision in fact?
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: So you use 3D vision in fact?

yes and no

I use 3d vision for my projector , MY tv is a proper 3D TV which wont work with powerdvd ultra 10 mk2. I was under the impression when i purchased it that when mk2 was released it would work fully with samsung 3D tv`s. When a 3D blu-ray is loaded the screen will auto initiate 3d mode , if it was above below or side by side format you can initiate that manually.

nabbl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well David, there is a workaround for that apparently.

From what Ive heard you have to activate PC Mode on your Samsung TV on one of the HDMI connectors. Then you hit the 3D button on your remote control and choose: Checker-Board. Then it should work. PowerDvD only supports Checker Board as 3D output Channel on that TVs.

Go for it :

Im gonna test it when I am at home this evening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2010 09:21

David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Well David, there is a workaround for that apparently.

From what Ive heard you have to activate PC Mode on your Samsung TV on one of the HDMI connectors. Then you hit the 3D button on your remote control and choose: Checker-Board. Then it should work. PowerDvD only supports Checker Board as 3D output Channel on that TVs.

Go for it :

Im gonna test it when I am at home this evening.

thank you very much I will give this a go was goint to buy a 3d playr but i dont want to buy one as £260 - £300 is just not worth it at the moment as i have a nice pc and a ps3.
nabbl [Avatar]
[Post New]
best thing is ... I googled for that problem and was directed to the arcsoft total media theatre forums. there I found this post. the user said that it worked very well.
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: best thing is ... I googled for that problem and was directed to the arcsoft total media theatre forums. there I found this post. the user said that it worked very well.

google is not my friend

Ill give this a try see how it goes ... dunno if my cpu will handle it as the gts250 wont decode via its hrdware.
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well that did not work went to settings changed input to PC but still no checkboard selection and if i go into 3d menue the checkboard is still greyed out.
nabbl [Avatar]
[Post New]
well.. i got this one working. I plugged in my HDMI cable to the HDMI/DVI 1 Slot. Then I went to the Source Menu and selected "Edit Name" and put it to "DVI PC".
After that I got my Checkerboard.
Funny thing is.... I got the Bluray to work afterwards. But I couldnt get it to work with my glasses.

so no 3d effect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2010 03:06