Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3d not working on tv or projector powerdvd 10 ultra
David2780 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2010 05:28 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
hi im having problems with powerdvd 10 3d mode.

Ive setup my pc I have tried 3d vision and powerdvd wont initiate 3d it just wont see any 3d device and I have even tried my 3dtv which is full hd 3d.

Everything worked fine a few months back. I have updated my drivers and also upgraded to the latest powerdvd patch .

When I choose 3d devices I see both hdmi 1.4 device and 3d vision device whne either are connected. I have run the 3d setup wizard for each device so it knows what type of 3d to run.

Can you please advise what is up ? I have tried avatar 3d titanic 3d and a few others but all I get is "powedvd can not initiate 3d please try selecting another device."

it annoying because it all worked fine.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you may post more info that can help to understand your setup.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi micheal here are the following details.

Powerdvd 10 ultra full version (mark II 10.0.523.54

powerdvd SR Number: DVD130419-01

Powerdvd TR number : TR130425-015

Operating system : Windows 8 pro x64

Admin restrictions are off

Used VGA : GTX460

Driver version : 320.18

Audio device : HD definition audio

Audio driver : 6.2.9200.16497

Audio settings : Optical while using projector, HDMI raw to onkyo tru-HD, DTS-MASTER device

Used ODD Drive: Lg HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L

Displays : Acer projector H5360, 47" LG model (47LM640T-ZA)

Display connection : HDMI on both devices

Display refresh rate : Acer H5360 720P 120Hz 3d mode (NVidia 3d Vision) 47LM640T 1080p 24 hz (3d mode) 60 hz (normal mode)

Single or dual monitor : Single monitor

Details of 3d setting in powerdvd : General (left eye first) , Source (auto detect) , Display device (auto detect)

What AV do you use: none (with exception of windows own firewall) as its a dedicated HTPC limted internet access.

Which internet browser do you use : Internet explorer 10

Do you use virtual ODD : No

Issue description.

When I try to initiate 3d mode a screen pops up saying that it is unable to initiate 3D and to try and select a different 3d source.

I have tried reinstalling graphics drivers via a clean install and with NVidia ir emitter plugged in. I have also tried teinstalling powerdvd 10 with all updates but same thing happens.

I have tried several 3D Blu-Rays , avatar 3d, Titanic 3D , Tron 3D .

These titles worked previously , 3D mode works for games and other software that uses 3d mode. Powerdvd 10 is the only software not initiating 3D.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please perform the following steps and report back:

0. install latest NVIDIA release driver (no beta driver please)
1. remove all displays
2. only connect the 3D vision device (Acer H5360) via HDMI (direct PC > Beamer)
3. connect the V emitter
4. run through the NVIDIA 3D vision Setup in NV system control panel
5. run PowerDVD 10 and check the 3D pages - what device is detected (3D Vision?)?

please post the BD/3D advisor log of your platform
please post the DXDIAG

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorry for late reply been away .

I have done all of the above here is the advisor debug attached

I also tried powerdvd 13 via the trial and it worked fine although the 3d bluray video is stuttery at times.

I also note I have tried a full system format and clean install and same problem happens. Computer 3d is fine, powerdvd 10 ultra wont initiate.

Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_LIVING_2013_06_19_16_20_55.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)