Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Considering the number of bugs still unfixed in PowerDVD 10 I daresay you'll have to wait a long time...
After some investigations and searches on several Internet forums I have found the solution to my problem here:

http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m=241294

It seems that PowerDVD 10 has serious problems with SLI.

PowerDVD 3D DOES NOT work with SLI enabled. You have to disable SLI or you get one eye always shuttered black and the other open, but also you don't get any of the offsetting images on the screen.

Disabling SLI on Nvidia's Control Panel solved my problem. Since I only have one graphic card disabling SLI was not a problem but I presume those who have 2 cards wouldn't be happy to disable SLI each time they want to use 3D features with PowerDVD.
Since my HW works perfectly in 3D Stereo with any other compatible software I have tried so far (DirectX Games, Nvidia's tools and Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic Player) I must deduct it is a bug of PowerDVD.

I do not know why you are unable to reproduce the issue on your systems but this does not mean it is not present. Try using a PAL DVD or the same Windows version that I'm using... unfortunately I can not help you more than this.
Ok, here it is.

Hope it will help you fixing this bug which makes 3D Stereo unusable on my system (and I presume it will be the same with 3D Blu-Rays).
Are there any news about my problem ?
I have tested PowerDVD 10 Ultra with several driver versions including the suggested one and even with the latest WHQL ones (197.13) released yesterday but the problem is still there. When I select "120Hz Time-sequential 3D LCD" it goes full-screen and activates the glasses but only right-eye frames are shown... left-eye is empty or sometimes (it only happens with the 197.13 drivers) it shows weird still fotograms from the movie being played. It is undoubtedly a problem of PowerDVD (drivers are working fine with every other stereo software I have) and I hope you'll be able to fix it soon...
You can not use RealD glasses just like in cinemas because they were meant to be used with polarized images. Common LCD monitors do not have polarized screens.
You need to use a kit for PC like Nvidia's 3D Vision which requires a 120Hz monitor (there are are only 4 or 5 on the market), a recent Nvidia graphic card and the 3D Vision Kit which includes wireless active glasses.
I have only one monitor (Acer GD245HQ).
My GeForce video driver version is 197.13:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13.html

My 3D Vision driver is also 197.13 WHQL:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_3D_vision_winvista_win7_197.13.html

So far they both are the most recent drivers available on Nvidia's website.

(BTW I can not use the suggested 3D Vision 196.21 drivers with GeForce 197.13 driver, they are not compatible)

Since I'm living in Italy my DVDs are PAL, Zone 2... maybe this could help you investigating the issue.
Quote: but PowerDVD should work when 3D Vision is working with games or 3D Vision test tools

Unfortunately it seems that's not true.

As I said above I can not play DVDs with TrueTheater 3D enabled. It only shows right eye frames but left eye frames are always black.
But if a start a game or use 3d Vision Video Player / Photo Viewer everything works fine so it's only a PowerDVD issue and not a driver issue.
I'm having problems with PowerDVD10 and 3D too.
I'm using a registered version of PowerDVD10 Ultra.
My O.S. is Windows 7 64bit (italian version)
Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX295
Driver version: 197.13 (latest beta)

2D reproduction is fine (either DVD or BD). If I activate 3D (120Hz Nvidia Kit) when I start playing a DVD it enters in full screen mode and activates the glasses but it remains in a kind of "frozen" status (one lens is always open and the other one is alway closed) while the movie is still reproduced in plain 2D mode (no apparent 3D effect).
Go to: