Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10!
[Post New]
Hi,

Just joined this forum on the interest of PowerDVD 10! Yesterday released and found it awesome! Thanks Cyberlink team for this awesome release.. I was waiting for it for long time.

By the way, what's the name of that girl model on that version's Display page? She looks hot..

Thanks once again..

Regards,

Shourav
LUDVIK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2010 11:13 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hm. Unfortunatelly I bought PowerDVD 10 yesterday and it doesn''t work on my Windows 7 64 bit... I have no answer from Cyberlink yet (I'm waiting for one day).
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
good to know the full version of 10 was not working on Win 7 64bit...

Maybe i will give the 10 trial a spin, but since you reported this issue I will be cautious. I have other issues with powerdvd 9 ultra that still leave a sour taste in my mouth, and will remind why i should not purchase powerdvd.
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
I''m a little frustrated about them. But I would say what is problem exactly. I can play dvd disc, but all dialogs and butons in powerdvd are blank without any text. And it's not possible to play video and music from hdd (empty folders without names of them)... As I wrote, I have Windows 7 64bit and several apps (like ms office, comodo, nod32...). All legal. So Powerdvd 10 is not usable for me at this moment. But on your computer could be everything ok...

At all events, I highly recommended first TRY TRIAL VERSION (I didn't do that).
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded to PDVD10 Ultra working perfectly in Win7 64bit for me.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I''m a little frustrated about them. But I would say what is problem exactly. I can play dvd disc, but all dialogs and butons in powerdvd are blank without any text. And it's not possible to play video and music from hdd (empty folders without names of them)... As I wrote, I have Windows 7 64bit and several apps (like ms office, comodo, nod32...). All legal. So Powerdvd 10 is not usable for me at this moment. But on your computer could be everything ok...

Hi,
please post some more information about your environment, without information we are not able to reproduce your issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I''m a little frustrated about them. But I would say what is problem exactly. I can play dvd disc, but all dialogs and butons in powerdvd are blank without any text. And it's not possible to play video and music from hdd (empty folders without names of them)... As I wrote, I have Windows 7 64bit and several apps (like ms office, comodo, nod32...). All legal. So Powerdvd 10 is not usable for me at this moment. But on your computer could be everything ok...

Hi,
please post some more information about your environment, without information we are not able to reproduce your issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael

Hi Michael,
I described my problem to customer support, so SR number is there. Question ID is CS000838149. With this question I uploaded two screenshots too.

And here is more information which you request:

- I have PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D
- SR number was sent to customer support
- MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, language czech
- I purchased PowerDVD at online store on cyberlink.com (retial?) on 17th March
- VGA ATI Radeon 5870
- Driver version: 8.681.-091124a-092500C-ATI, Catalyst version: 09.12, DirectX 11
- Audio Auzentech X-fi Home Theater HD
- Audio device driver version: 6.00.0001.1401
- Primary display is connected to DisplayPort, Secondary to HDMI
- I'm using dual monitor environment (primary is lcd monitor, secondary is lcd TV)
- I'm using clone mode
- I'm using Eset Nod32 Antivirus
- I described the issue to custumer support and higher on this thread (blank all dialogs - no text, no posibillity to play video and music from hdd - names of folders and files are missing).

Ludvik.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Ludvik,

you may check your PowerDVD 10 UI language settings - please set it to "English" manually and check if you still have blank buttons

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dear Ludvik,

you may check your PowerDVD 10 UI language settings - please set it to "English" manually and check if you still have blank buttons

BR
Michael

I have switched language from system default language to English but no effect. The problem is propably deeper.

BTW old style dialogs, for example Settings, are ok. PowerDVD-style dialogs and tabs Video and Music are blank. Also folders in tab Video and Music are empty, without any files.

You know, I want to play my videos now. Do you think you could deactivate my serial number and give me back money, please? Before I use windvd, some prehistorical version, but it was ok. And trial version of windvd 2010 is ok too. I made decide to purchase PowerDvd because the recommendation from Auzentech...
[Post New]
Hi,

you need to contact CS Team about this request.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

Br
Michael

I'm sorry I supposed you are from CS team. Anyway I wrote to CS support and sent screenshots, as I wrote. But I have no answer.
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi,

Br
Michael

I'm sorry I supposed you are from CS team. Anyway I wrote to CS support and sent screenshots, as I wrote. But I have no answer.

..ah, Customer Support (cs) is no Technical Support (I sent the request to TS).
Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink offers 30 day moneyback, check the Purchase FAQ.
LUDVIK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Cyberlink offers 30 day moneyback, check the Purchase FAQ.

Thank you (I didn't read this FAQ). Sometimes in future I will try a trial version of powerdvd 10 and if everything will be ok, I can purchase Powerdvd again (because hdmi 1.3 etc.).
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2007 21:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a problem with the 2D to 3D conversion for DVDs.

Here's information about my system:
I am using the trial version of PowerDVD 10.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
I am using a dual monitor setup.
My primary monitor is the Viewsonic VX2265wm.
The Viewsonic monitor uses a DVI connection.
The second monitor is an Acer X213W.
I have Nvidia 3D Vision installed, and it works great on my primary monitor.
I am using extended desktop, and I am only trying to get the 3D to work on the Viewsonic monitor.
For antivirus, I am using Norton 360.

I installed the trial version of PowerDVD 10, because I wanted to see how well the 3D conversion looked.

When I enable the 3D in PowerDVD 10, I see the 3D for a split second, then I only see static on the screen.

With PowerDVD 8, I had this problem when I had my monitor set to a refresh rate of 120Hz amd O wanted to watch Blu Rays. Once I changed it to 110 or lower, this was no longer a problem.

Is there a way to fix this? I couldn't find a way to change th esettings for the 3D feature in PowerDVD.

André [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:10 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having problems with PowerDVD10 and 3D too.
I'm using a registered version of PowerDVD10 Ultra.
My O.S. is Windows 7 64bit (italian version)
Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX295
Driver version: 197.13 (latest beta)

2D reproduction is fine (either DVD or BD). If I activate 3D (120Hz Nvidia Kit) when I start playing a DVD it enters in full screen mode and activates the glasses but it remains in a kind of "frozen" status (one lens is always open and the other one is alway closed) while the movie is still reproduced in plain 2D mode (no apparent 3D effect).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 19. 2010 17:06

* André *
[Post New]
Hi Tim,

please share 3D Vision driver version and VGA driver Version

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have GeForce GPU driver v197.13, NVIDIA 3D Vision driver v197.13 installed. Thanks for your help!
[Post New]
Hi Tim,

same config here - and no issue....

did you select the 120Hz Monitor in the selection box?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Tim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did. That's when the static starts. Are you using the Viewsonic VX2265wm FuHzion?

The supported hardware section on the website shows the following monitors: Samsung 2233RZ, Asus G51J-SZ028V, Acer GD245HQ, Acer GD235HZ. The Viewsonic, which I have, doesn't show up as supported. Would this be the reason?