Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10!
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2007 21:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I did. That's when the static starts. Are you using the Viewsonic VX2265wm FuHzion?

The supported hardware section on the website shows the following monitors: Samsung 2233RZ, Asus G51J-SZ028V, Acer GD245HQ, Acer GD235HZ. The Viewsonic, which I have, doesn't show up as supported. Would this be the reason?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I do not have viewsonic here - but PowerDVD should work when 3D Vision is working with games or 3D Vision test tools

please give these drivers a try - just to make sure:

•NVIDIA 3D Vision (for Windows 7 only)
◦NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit + 3D Vision-Ready Display + 3D Vision Compatible NVIDIA Graphics Card are required
◦Please download and install 196.34 beta VGA driver (or above) and then the 196.21 WHQL 3D Vision driver

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
André [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:10 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: but PowerDVD should work when 3D Vision is working with games or 3D Vision test tools

Unfortunately it seems that's not true.

As I said above I can not play DVDs with TrueTheater 3D enabled. It only shows right eye frames but left eye frames are always black.
But if a start a game or use 3d Vision Video Player / Photo Viewer everything works fine so it's only a PowerDVD issue and not a driver issue. * André *
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

did ou try the suggested drivers?

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html

Please also give it a try with only one Monitor connected - thanks!

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2010 08:00

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
André [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have only one monitor (Acer GD245HQ).
My GeForce video driver version is 197.13:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13.html

My 3D Vision driver is also 197.13 WHQL:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_3D_vision_winvista_win7_197.13.html

So far they both are the most recent drivers available on Nvidia's website.

(BTW I can not use the suggested 3D Vision 196.21 drivers with GeForce 197.13 driver, they are not compatible)

Since I'm living in Italy my DVDs are PAL, Zone 2... maybe this could help you investigating the issue. * André *
[Post New]
Hi,

please try the suggested beta drivers we tested succesfully in our labs:

196.34 beta VGA driver
and then the 196.21 3D-Vision driver

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2007 21:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I used the drivers you suggested, and ran into the same problem. The screen shows static when I turn on the 3D.

Even while watching a regular DVD, I get static when my monitor is set to 120 Hertz. When I have it set to 110 Hertz or lower, I don't have this problem.

This only occurs when I watch movies with PowerDVD. When I watch a DVD in Windows Media Player, it works with every refresh rate I my monitor can handle. My games run at 120 Hertz, and I don't get static.

Is there any way I can change the 3D settings in PowerDVD to 110 Hertz? Nvidia Control Panel allows me to set the refresh rate for games. Is this available for PowerDVD?
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please post:

- OS Version used
- Drivers used
- DXDIAG log (type DXDIAG in Run dialoge and attach the saved file to this thread)

Thanks and
Br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2010 12:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've a 100Hz CRT (NEC FE1250+), 8800GTS 640Mo (with 196.34 drivers), 3D Vision (with 196.21 drivers) and Vista 32bits.

3D works great, but not on PowerDVD10 Ultra, I haven't 3D Vision choise in TrueTheater options (only: no 3D, 3D Ready & micro-polarized options).

Should it be supported or not?

Regards.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2010 12:40

[Post New]
Hi,

please refer to the spec:

120Hz Frame-sequential 3D LCD (NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready)
◦Native format: 120 fps left and right
◦Eye wear: Active shutter glasses (NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit)
◦Supported Hardware: Samsung 2233RZ, Asus G51J-SZ028V, Acer GD245HQ, Acer GD235HZ

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
André [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are there any news about my problem ?
I have tested PowerDVD 10 Ultra with several driver versions including the suggested one and even with the latest WHQL ones (197.13) released yesterday but the problem is still there. When I select "120Hz Time-sequential 3D LCD" it goes full-screen and activates the glasses but only right-eye frames are shown... left-eye is empty or sometimes (it only happens with the 197.13 drivers) it shows weird still fotograms from the movie being played. It is undoubtedly a problem of PowerDVD (drivers are working fine with every other stereo software I have) and I hope you'll be able to fix it soon...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2010 15:50

* André *
DAVID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2009 18:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similiar problem. 3D Vision works with all my other software but not with PowerDVD 10. 3D Vision will not activate although there is a double (3D) image on the screen. I have tried the suggested Beta drivers and the latest graphic card and 3DVision drivers with no luck. Cyberlink tech support does not have a solution. I have a Mitsubishi WD-65737 3D ready display and a Geoforce 9800GT graphics card. Nividia 3D Vision just ignores PowerDVD 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2010 22:05

DAVID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2009 18:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similiar problem. 3D Vision works with all my other software but not with PowerDVD 10. 3D Vision will not activate although there is a double (3D) image on the screen. I have tried the suggested Beta drivers and the latest graphic card and 3DVision drivers with no luck. Cyberlink tech support does not have a solution. I have a Mitsubishi WD-65737 3D ready display and a Geoforce 9800GT graphics card. Nividia 3D Vision just ignores PowerDVD 10. I can use Stereoscopic player for 3D playback of some 3D disks with a different emiter and LCD shutter glasses (no 2D-3D conversion) and everything works just fine. Stereoscopic Player also supports 3D Vision.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2010 22:10

[Post New]
@Andre,

I use the same Monitor with different VGA and no problem on any platform here...

Can you please post your DXDIAG log file ?

Thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
André [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, here it is.

Hope it will help you fixing this bug which makes 3D Stereo unusable on my system (and I presume it will be the same with 3D Blu-Rays).
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
356 time(s)
* André *
[Post New]
Hi Andre,

I would not state it a bug - as we can not see this issue on our systems with similar HW config yet!

Br
Michael

PS:
- please make sure to use the DVI-DualLink cabel - the HDMI will not work and a non DVI duallink cable will also cause trouble

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2010 09:59

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
André [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since my HW works perfectly in 3D Stereo with any other compatible software I have tried so far (DirectX Games, Nvidia's tools and Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic Player) I must deduct it is a bug of PowerDVD.

I do not know why you are unable to reproduce the issue on your systems but this does not mean it is not present. Try using a PAL DVD or the same Windows version that I'm using... unfortunately I can not help you more than this. * André *
André [Avatar]
[Post New]
After some investigations and searches on several Internet forums I have found the solution to my problem here:

http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m=241294

It seems that PowerDVD 10 has serious problems with SLI.

PowerDVD 3D DOES NOT work with SLI enabled. You have to disable SLI or you get one eye always shuttered black and the other open, but also you don't get any of the offsetting images on the screen.

Disabling SLI on Nvidia's Control Panel solved my problem. Since I only have one graphic card disabling SLI was not a problem but I presume those who have 2 cards wouldn't be happy to disable SLI each time they want to use 3D features with PowerDVD. * André *
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lafayette, LA Joined: Apr 08, 2010 09:21 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hm. Unfortunatelly I bought PowerDVD 10 yesterday and it doesn''t work on my Windows 7 64 bit... I have no answer from Cyberlink yet (I'm waiting for one day).

Same issue here. A clean install. Have just written Tech Support and will see what the result is. Using Radeon 4890 with latest drivers.
[Post New]
@Michael,
can you please helpt to post some information about your environment:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

and please also post DXDIAG as attachement here.

thanks and br

Werde Facebook Fan
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lafayette, LA Joined: Apr 08, 2010 09:21 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: @Michael,
can you please helpt to post some information about your environment:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

and please also post DXDIAG as attachement here.

thanks and br
Michael

Sure. Here is the info:

PowerDVD full Version - 10 Ultra
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top) - Can't get to open
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version) - Win 7 64 bit
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? - retail (online store)
Used VGA - Radeon 4890
Used VGA driver version - 2010.0302.2233.40412
Used Audio device - Creative SB Xi-Fi Music
Used Audio device driver version - 6.01.1373
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) - DVI
Are you using singel or dual monitor environment - Single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display) - N/A
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using - Norton 360 v. 4 (installed and tried to run with it disabled)
The detailed issue description - Will install, acvitate, but will not run
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
407 time(s)