Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would just like to propose a vote of thanks to Dafydd Bevan of SoftDeko.
He is a good friend to us here and always willing to offer advice and help to anyone with any problem no matter how trivial.

Thanks Dafydd - You are the man!
Whilst I dont condone the infringement of copyright (Which is what you are doing when you rip movies) I can only suggest that the original movie was burned with a software which has a compatibility issue with what you are using. Unless this is because you ripped from Video Tape than its just an age/quality issue.
Thats right... there is a limited time on the start music if you link to it no matter how long. For better effect why not record a short verbal intro.
Like a lot of people my first copy of PD came bundled with my Camcorder. I tried it and up graded a few times untill I arrived at PDv5.
I like the simplicity of PD and when it works it does a good enough job but when it doesnt work it just frustrates the hell out of me. Twice I have gone away and bought alternative SW such as Pinacle 9 and Premier Elements 2.0 but I always drift back to PD5 because it is so easy to use.
I have learnt that produced footage is easier and faster to edit than raw data from my camcorder. I have learnt to save after every few minutes of use. I have learnt to back up constantly. I have learnt to never move a file once I have saved it into a project. I know all the standard stuff that Cyberlink tell you to do when you have a problem like shutting everything else down and disengaging all your Web protection. My biggest problems are always caused when the SW just freezes up and I end up hitting ctrl-Alt-Del because there is just no way its going to sort itself out. The freez-ups usualy occur when I am editing in multitrim.
Its not as if Im using an old machine- Dell Dimension 5150 or a bad processor Intel pentium 4 or have low RAM 1GB so it can only be the bugs in the SW... so why then dont Cyberlink who have a product thats pôtentialy one of the better ones pay for some good SW engineers to sort the bugs out. Unless you know something I dont of course.... If you can help me get PDv5 run better please tip me the info. Thanks.
Go to: