Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When will it all go right..all the time
Garry [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Switzerland Joined: Oct 31, 2006 15:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Like a lot of people my first copy of PD came bundled with my Camcorder. I tried it and up graded a few times untill I arrived at PDv5.
I like the simplicity of PD and when it works it does a good enough job but when it doesnt work it just frustrates the hell out of me. Twice I have gone away and bought alternative SW such as Pinacle 9 and Premier Elements 2.0 but I always drift back to PD5 because it is so easy to use.
I have learnt that produced footage is easier and faster to edit than raw data from my camcorder. I have learnt to save after every few minutes of use. I have learnt to back up constantly. I have learnt to never move a file once I have saved it into a project. I know all the standard stuff that Cyberlink tell you to do when you have a problem like shutting everything else down and disengaging all your Web protection. My biggest problems are always caused when the SW just freezes up and I end up hitting ctrl-Alt-Del because there is just no way its going to sort itself out. The freez-ups usualy occur when I am editing in multitrim.
Its not as if Im using an old machine- Dell Dimension 5150 or a bad processor Intel pentium 4 or have low RAM 1GB so it can only be the bugs in the SW... so why then dont Cyberlink who have a product thats pôtentialy one of the better ones pay for some good SW engineers to sort the bugs out. Unless you know something I dont of course.... If you can help me get PDv5 run better please tip me the info. Thanks. Save, save and Backup!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dude....Garry,

Thanks for the PM. I've replied.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2006 04:47

Guido [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2006 02:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Well Garry, I know that feeling! For years, Ive tried to make my movies with 'Pinnacle Studio 9'. Sometimes it worked, but most of the times it didn't, hours and days finally, waiting for 'rendering'. But it wasn't rendering, it just hang! From pure frustration, I finally wiped everyting from pinnacle off my pc. Now after months, I read a 'top-ten review' of video editing SW, and PD5 Pr. came out as the best. So I bought it and everything works fine and easy, 'until now'. For me, PD5 is the most stable video SW I've tried out or worked with.
So, I would defnitely advise you against considering 'Studio 9 or plus', because it will be worse for your health.
Succes!

Guido