Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Same issue from France Bouygues telecom ISP (over numericable)
So you are not asking on the right place, you are ont the powerdvd 10 forum, you should ask on the power producer forum.
PowerDVD can burn DVDs?
Hello, here are the lacking info of the firts post of the thread:

My PowerDVD is retail, SR: DVD120803-04 TR: TR120927-041
I use a administrator user with windows protection activated (windows ask me if some action require admin rights).
Power DVD is currently set to 8HP, but was previously set to default settings. The system is set to 8 HP too. The driver of my soundcard is set to virtualize the 8 channels to my headphone (the amplifier in integrated on the soundcard).
The two screens are plugged via DVI, extended mode, top/bottom arrangement.
Display refresh rate is 59Hz.
The 3D setting is anaglyph.
On the "old" install, I use bitdefender internet security 2012, PowerDVD was into the white list until now (I removed it today because I don't like to have something in the anti-virus white list). The default Internet browser is Firefox 16.0.2. On the "fresh install", there is no antivirus, only windows firewall, the default browser is ie9, the only installed.
The issue happen both in Classic mode and CinemaMode.

As I wrote previously, I use all last whql drivers.
here is the list:
intel inf 9.3.0.1019
nvidia forceware 306.97
Xonar Essence STX driver for Windows 7 Version: 7.12.8.1794

Detailed bluray list (all are French metropolitan release):
working:
Banlieue 13 (from Europacorp, a French movie, I don't know the English name).
Space Battleship Yamato.
Sarah Connor chronicle season 1 box and season 2 box.
Battlestar Gallactica integral box.
Caprica integral box.
Don't works:
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. 3D, (Was working when I bought it).
Quantum of Solace (Was working when I bought it).
Robin Hood (from Ridley Scot with Russell Crowe).
James Bond 50th anniversary pack (never worked).
From Prometheus to Alien evolution pack. (with Prometheus in 3D). Never worked.

Additional infos, mass storage setup:
I use a dedicated hard drive/partition per kind of use.
First partition of first SSD (C: ) contains Windows, drivers related software and very necessary software only.
Second partition of first SSD (D: ) is for primary software.
Second older SSD (E: ) is for secondary software.
First HHD (F: ) is for documents: All windows library (my documents, my music, etc) are set to use this hard-drive.
Second and third HDD ( X: and Y: ) for back-up.
PowerDVD is installed on the secondary SSD (E: ) Bd-live directory is set on F: .
I swap from the old install to the fresh install (and vice-versa) by restoring a c: image and reinstalling powerDVD (as it is on e: ).

My Bluray drive LG HL-DT-ST_BD-RE__BH10LS30________________1.01____ is plugged into a intel sata port.
My secondary DVD drives are plugged into a pata pciex 1x card based on a jmicron jmb 360x.
the sataIII marvell controler of the motherboard is disabled.

Does powerDVD have his own java virtual machine or it need one I install myself?
Hello,
Sorry in advance for my broken english.

On my computer:
ASUS P8P67 R3.1
nvidia GTX570
Asus xonar essence stx. I use analogic audio.
two hyundaï WD240V2 screens (1920*1200, hdcp) arranged as top bottom.
8go RAM
bluray drive: LG BH10LS30 firmware 1.01 (the last I found).
Win7 x64 oem pro.

All drivers are the last whql.
Windows is up to date.
BD advisor says my computer is ok for blu-ray, including the advanced dongle.

My powerDVD10 ultra mark II v10.0.4520.54 don't read correctly any bluray that use java (most of blurays of big movies use it).
The precise description is: when I try to read a bd-java bluray, PDVD10 load it, I see the start reading message then it start to read nothing, the bluray player itself is not freezed but the led of the drive does not blink, I can push pause and push play again but the navigation cursor don't move, the time elapsed/to go indicate 0, there is no video displayed or sound played. MovieLive works. Of course I cannot access to the menus of the bluray.

I discovered recently that my problems with blurays are related to java because I installed the trial of AnyDVDhd and activate bluray support on it. It was not enough but when I activated the "speed menu" for "java disks" only, my blurays that was ever working continued to work correctly and the others bluray became readable but with the simplified bluraydisk menu from anydvd, avoiding to access to the bonus that are not videos.

I also installed powerDVD12 trial, corel windvdpro 11 trial but they have the same issue. Total media theater 5 trial from Arcsoft works correctly.

I tried a fresh install of my system ( not a problem, I have a system-only dedicated partition and a drive image back-up software) but with no luck (but I did not installed a java software like oracle jre7 because I was still not knowing the problem is with BD-J disks).

does anyone ever had this kind of issue?
How could I solve that?
hello,
One year later, I'm unable to read this blu-ray too.
I use PDVD10 ultra and I'm on win 7 x64 with a GTX570 GFx card with a two screen setup and sound blaster audigy 2 ZS audio card.

When I try to play the blu-ray, PDVD load it then simply display a black screen.
If I try to use anyDVDHD and disable bd live, I got the universal logo video but the black screen is displayed again just after that.
I also tried CyberLink-Michael's method but without any result.

I updated my BD drive firmware, and windows is up to date. I use nvidia 270 drivers, I don't use 275 and 280 ones because they are incompatible with some of my major software.
I downloaded arcsoft media theater 5 trial and this software play the blu-ray correctly, so I think this is a bug with PDVD10.

Is anyone have any idea to makes it works?
So you use 3D vision in fact?
hdmi cables are not 1.3 or 1.4, they are exactly the same.
I a reseller sold you with an higer price, it is only for a logo witch change nothing.

You should be more precise on what happen exactly and what is displayed on your TV.

Also you should read the hardware 3D compatibility list on cyberlink web-page.
The 3Doutput "3D ready TV" is checkerboard output, mainly for DLP video projectors and DLP retro-projected TVs.
You should choose the 120Hz one instead.

And I repeat, remember, your computer will send a 3D signal to your TV but I think your TV should not recognize it. You will have to manually activate it on your TV.
Hello,
I don't know, I followed your link on the start of the topic. So I think it was US English.
As I'm in France I should try the French web page?

EDIT: thank you, it works in French!
You're out of topic: this topic is about the 3D zone webpage.
I was thinking only HDMI 1.4 3D signal was able to auto activate 3D screens.

Graphic cards with HDMI 1.4 still does not exists (for example Geforce 480 GTX is HDMI 1.3a compatible).

So I think you simply have to active manually the right 3D mode on your TV.

Additionally, I think HDMI 1.4 3D data video need a compatible software.
Hello,
I wanted to look at your 3D white-paper on the 3D zone, so I filled out the questionnaire to get the download link by mail.
The link I received send me back to the questionnaire web page.
If it's a joke, infinite loops are never a nice thing.
There is two type of 3D displays used by a long time by computer users and stereo 3D enthusiasts or pro users.
They produce full resolution 3D (witch can be very high, sometimes higher than any other systems, like 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600 ) they have a reduced ghosting effect (contrary to 120Hz LCD screens or TV), they have a hight (and the best) brightness (contrary to 120Hz plasma 3D TV ), they don't need expensive active glasses (contrary to active shutters glasses with models up to 500$) and at the contrary you can use cheap paper glasses, they don't produce a color lost, and at the end, their 3D vision is more natural and less tiring because the two part of the stereo image are displayed simultaneously.

They have the bests 3D quality, but they are expensive.

They are:
+ dual projectors displays
+ planar compatible screens.

At the moment the only way to have the best 3D quality is to download illegally extracted 3D blu-ray (or extract yourself the film from your blu-ray) and play them in stereoscopic player (stereoscopic player is the more universal 3D player but it lack the blu-ray support and an overlay GUI for the full-screen playing). It's not a right and user friendly way.

Dual outputs methods are not the hardest to implement: each eye on his own screen/projector. On the case of the planars, it additionally need that one of the video output to be horizontally or vertically flipped.

So, Cyberlink, do you plan to someday add outputs method compatible with this high quality 3D displays?

EDIT:
- support output to anaglyph-glasses (red/cyan)

a good point, for people who want to discover stereocopy.
+1
And add planar support, please.
Planar are dual panel displays where one display is view throught a mirror:
They are easy to made ourself.
The new PowerDVD10 is here, it works with more 3D screen and glasses than I was thinking.

But systems using dual video output are not supported (dual projectors systems, planar like) I'm in the last case so powerDVD 10 is unusefull for me. So I do not buy it for the moment, I'm still on 3Dtv's stereoscopic player for the 3D.

It's not like if send video for each eye on a different screen and add a horitotal/vertical miror-flip was complicated to do.
I forgot the iZ3D screen but only the iZ3D developpers can give algorithm to make it work.
I didn't saw a way to send suggestions to cyberlink powerDVD team so I post here, hoping that someone from the company will take care.

I've read that power DVD 10 (maybe only the ultra version) will support bluray 3D.
I hope will take advantage of many of the 3D systems avaylable with PC: I hope it will not only support:
+the screens and projector using 120Hz shutters with HDMI and HDCP 1.4
but also :
+non HDCP 1.4 120Hz systems if allowed.
+DLP chekerboard TVs
+affordable native row interlaced systems (i.e. Zalman trimon).
+dual output systems and related/derivative, for home-made and pro-level systems like dual projectors and stereomiror (planar-like) systems.
+head mounted systems (i.e. vuzix i920).

If not I will simply stay on stereoscopic player, hoping they will have a full support of blu-ray codecs or find a parallel way.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newsletter.cgi?news_id=93

regards

Guig
Go to: