Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I suspect it's because the system can't quite keep up with the processing load of "on the fly" rendering of effects or GOP regeneration at edit point.....

I have a quad core running at 2.8 ghz and an 8800GT and do a lot of editig of m2ts from a canon hf100. When I'm producing a file, I notice all 4 cores will easily peg out near 100%...I've run into the same at edit and effect points on "real time" playback in nearly every editing program I've used for HD....even MPEG2 HD let alone the AVC/264 that our Canons are providing. And in this regard, PD seems to do better than a lot of them...

(It's better once the shadow/proxy files are generated....but it still happens...)
Thanks, Tony. Glad to hear I'm not the only one raising this as an issue.

I'm new to Cyberlink. Would turning this in as a suggestion - given that it has already been done - help more or annoy CL more? This seems basic and really hobbles the disk authoring. A lot.
In authoring AVCHD disks, I've noticed the program often overestimates the amount of space required for the final project - sometimes by a lot (I've run into as much as 20%). This is surprsing when it is doing 100% SVRT on the video, but whatever....

Question is - is there a simple "capacity over-ride" through a registry setting or some other means - at least for the "write to folder/HDD" option?

Thanks.
When I author a typical Home ACHD or Blu Ray disk - I can easily have 30-50 chapters to allow quick scene access.

Seems PD 8 forces you to have every single chapter represented on a menu page which - with the 4 thumbs per menu limit (in HD) - means you can easily have a ton of menu pages.

Is there any way to avoid this (short of elliminating chapters) by either authoring with a ROOT MENU ONLY or by somehow NOT HAVING A THUMB FOR EVEYR CHAPTER?

I haven't found it and it wastes time and space in addition to all the ridiculous numbers of menus. Many programs let you author with a root menu only.

Thanks
Go to: