Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Streamlined menus in AVCHD and Blu Ray
Hans [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2010 01:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I author a typical Home ACHD or Blu Ray disk - I can easily have 30-50 chapters to allow quick scene access.

Seems PD 8 forces you to have every single chapter represented on a menu page which - with the 4 thumbs per menu limit (in HD) - means you can easily have a ton of menu pages.

Is there any way to avoid this (short of elliminating chapters) by either authoring with a ROOT MENU ONLY or by somehow NOT HAVING A THUMB FOR EVEYR CHAPTER?

I haven't found it and it wastes time and space in addition to all the ridiculous numbers of menus. Many programs let you author with a root menu only.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2010 23:38

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hans -

The issue/limitation has been referred to CyberLink by Dafydd, as discussed here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8838.page

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Hans [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2010 01:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony. Glad to hear I'm not the only one raising this as an issue.

I'm new to Cyberlink. Would turning this in as a suggestion - given that it has already been done - help more or annoy CL more? This seems basic and really hobbles the disk authoring. A lot.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hans -

I'm sure Dafydd has put the case firmly.

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
While I have not brought it up, I would love the idea. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM