Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very grateful for your help Carl, thanks, Jon
Hi Carl312,
Yours is probably the way forward. I have had no joy with a Cybelink ticket, albeit they did reply but with advice which made no difference.
To quote them:-
They said there is no migration back to 2930, but if you adjust virtual memory settings (1.5 x 6.00GB initial and 3 x 6.00GB for max) this will help.

Which it did not. Sadly.

Losing faith in the ticket system now, so thanks to Forum members ideas.

A mentally peed off Jonny
Yep, Updating from 2930 -> 3305 PD 9 using Windows 7 (Professional), has left the package unfit for purpose, crashing more often than the stock market.

I am very disappointed, not a good advert, con't recommend.

Am trying to crawl back to version 2930, waiting for a reply to my cyberlink query : "How do I get back to previous version"
I have recently been wrestling with an "out of memory" error on PD8.
I was editing HDV format video on a machine with 6Gb memory.
I eventually overcame this by reducing the number of "Power Tools"
instances I had used, especially the Video speed app.

I ended up having the individual clips which required a Power Tool as
separate projects and then included these in my main project as "processed" files.

This worked for me, albeit a bit tedious.
Experimenting with sound, I have made a recent discovery that Dolby processing on video's in Power Director is not always suitable. Dolby sound processing is an interference (for me). As I feature water alot in my videos, this translates to white noise in many cases, waterfalls being the most complicated kind of sound. I have been wrestling with dips, holes and disturbances in my sound tracks and then... it dawned on me that the Dolby processor is treating the water as hiss and varies the level accordingly causing the ugly sound balance. Thank goodness I can turn it off!
Go to: