Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok I just recently upgraded from PD8 to PD9 extremely excited about continuing my video projects on the newer program.. well so far I'm really missing PD8 . I use Power Director to make comic book based video's in which I upload to youtube, here is my YT link http://www.youtube.com/user/kayjayzdad .. Now if you watch any of my video's you can see that I use lots of sound effects and background music to bring the books to life. The problem is I'm getting very noticeable flubs and freezes when I get to a sound effect and at the end of an effect. The start and end of every sound effect kind of causes the background music to momentarily freeze. I'm not sure why this is happening but in PD8 everything transitioned and blended very smoothly. If anyone can help me solve this problem or give me and helpful advise it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote: Jason,

That is what I do for PIP editing. I would put a blank color board on the main video track and then add video to the PIP track. You will then treat this PIP video as the main video ( adjust the image size by making it a full size clip ) . You have plenty of PIP tracks to utilize. Please note that these tracks must be " unlock " ( lock logo ) on the far left of the bar.

I am new too and in the middle of editing my videos. I have learned that it is best to start with sequences of video, transitions, PIP, tittles, and then audio.

First off I just want to says thanks to all of you for replying to my question and trying to help me, I am very appreciative and I gave you all 5 stars because I'm sure I'll have more questions very soon . So far I've been using the blank color board and PIP methods referred by Patrick and Alex and everything is looking great!
Ok first off I just want to say that yes I am completely new to Power Director so please bare with me here. Ok my problem is with the Main Video Track, I started my project using some titles and music then about a minute into the project I would like to start adding some video clips, the problem is every time I add a video media to the Main Video Track it places the video at the very beginning of the project and I can't drag it to where I want it to be in the project. So my question is how can I place my video clips in the main video track exactly where I want them to be in the time line ?

P.S.- I know this is a complete noob question but I read some of the manual and used the search feature in these forums before posting and could not find the answer to my problem.
Go to: