Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tony,
Thank you very much. That worked perfectly. The only thing I don't understand is how I can edit the profile to do that in PD15, which is what I wanted to do, without having to start tweaking scripts manually.
I am trying to convert an old 640 wide by 360 tall divx video to mp4, but I don't see any 640 wide widescreen options. Obviously, if I use the 640x480 option then the video is stretched with no black bars so that doesn't work and I don't want a 16:9 format that is larger than the source width. How do I get a 640x360 output?
I entered 00;00;00;01 and it worked! That was what I needed to know. Thanks for the help.
I have 600 frames that I want to render into a 20 second clip (30FPS). I am just not able to figure out how to make this happen. I have all 600 frames in my timeline. In Edit Menu>Preferences>General>Timeline>Frame Rate I have it set to 30 FPS. I selected all clips and set the Duration to 00:00:00:20 but I get a 6 minute and 40 second video as a result.

Thanks for your help,

Bryson
Holy Cow! Thanks guys. My project turned out just how I wanted it with all your help. Now I can give this to my Mom for Christmas. I did extend the alpha image (PiP Track 2) out just a bit past the video (PiP Track 1) in the timeline so that the video inside the slide goes black and then starts over. I really appreciate all the help. Merry Christmas!
...because you know that someday, (besides me) someone else is going to find this thread and praise your name.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again guys,
Bryson
Ah, thanks. I actually just upgraded to PD 10 Ultra....hopefully it is smooth sailing from here.
So how do I add a 2nd PiP track?...I feel like an imbecile
I made a 30 second slideshow and then saved it out as an avi. I created a new project and put the .avi into the Master Video Track and the menu image with the alpha in the PiP Track.

For the video, I only see options for Split, Trim, Multi Trim, Fix / Enhance, Power Tools, Remove Selected Clip and More features. Under More features (or when right clicking on the video) I don't see anything that allows me to modify the size of the video. The video is playing through the alpha so I just need to figure out how to get the video sized right.
Tony,
Thanks for posting this! It looks like it is going to work. I am stuck on step three because I can't figure out how to resize the video. How do I open the PiP Designer and how do I get the video in there?

Thanks,
Bryson
Carl312,
When you edit a template that contains a motion thumbnail, do you find that you are able to edit the rotation, size and placement of the motion thumbnail? If so, then how? I tried using other people's menus but I wasn't able to figure out how to edit the motion thumbnail and what further perplexes me is how those people were able to pull it off, including doing some masking around the motion thumbnail.

BTW...I am not really interested in adding a video that plays before the main menu shows, I just want to get that motion thumbnail to show up in the root menu. I am not using chapters or anything for this one small video so all I am concerned about is the root menu.
I am using PowerDirector 8 Ultra and I am desiring to complete my custom menu. I have not figured out how to get the preview of my video to show up in my root menu custom background. I have searched on YouTube for tutorials and a bit in these forums as well as the official manual plus I have played with all the settings and the solution eludes me. I know that what I am trying to do is possible because this preview video shows up in virtually every DVD menu that I can apply or download.

My Custom DVD Menu
I have a background image of me holding a slide from a bunch of old slides that I just converted into a slideshow. I would now like to have the preview image of my slideshow movie play inside the film area of the slide that I am holding in the picture. Right now when I preview the custom menu, I just have the static background image of me holding a slide and then when I press play, it plays the video. How do I get the video to display as if it is actually in the slide that I am holding?

Thanks for your help,
Bryson
Go to: