Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Im wondering if Cyberlink consistes of a couple of drunk college kids who contract out all the work to the software and they just update the website and take our money.
That is so funny.
Quote: Okay so its not working for me in Vista with a Sony DA-5300 AVR, not even with the workaround, So now whats the friggen problem? Is this ATIs fault or Powerdvd i would like some answers this is freaking ridiculous.
It worked on my Denon
once you download that monitor INF file here are the steps:

take this much shorter route:

1) Control Panel->Device Manager->Monitors

2) Click on the "+" sign on the "Monitors" tag. Right click on monitor device to update (generally is a "Generic PnP" monitor device).

3) Click on "Update Driver Software".

4) Click on "Browse My computer for driver software".

5) Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

6) Click on "Have Disk".

7) Click on "Browse".

Go to directory where the Onkyo-906.inf is stored. Click on it and select "Open".

9) Install driver.

10) Reboot.

It works on My DENON AVR790 I just tried it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote: Yep i have a Sony DA5300 reciever and i cant select a 3rd option in the audio menu so still no True HD audio or DTS Master, Is this now ATIs fault or Powerdvd? I have read that almost everyone is having the same problem i am.

Its an ATI problem but there is a solution at AVSforum

Quote: Thanks for the suggestion, Joe. But IMHO this is a specific, and even incidental problem, with ATI & Cyberlink particular PAP implementation to achieve bitstreaming with PDVD9 on ATI cards, and so it should belong in here in the "Official" PDVD9 thread.

As you know, PDVD9 bitstreams fine on some AVRs, and otherwise requires an EDID override for the EDID of one of the succesful AVRs (i.e. the 906, which is the one I could find).

Of course the EDID Override feature has major "overtones", some of which have been touched in the thread. But the fix proposed is really simple. If you are not able to bitstream first time, maybe because you have a Denon or Sony AVR:

1. Grab the Onkyo 906 .inf file I posted. This is just a Windows monitor driver, specific for the 906, but is a compatible driver that "fools" ATI+PDVD9 into "seeing" your AVR as a PAP compliant AVR.

2. Install it now. You can do it from the desktop properties (my original post), or from the Device Manager window.

It's just as simple.

Cheers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125772&page=62

I havent tried it yet as I have a Xonar and am not about to screw things up. I will just wait until the software gods fix it.
Its working for some. Not for DENON AVR's yet though. For me its back to the Xonar until its ready.

You can check the progress here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125772&page=59
yeah but there is no PDVD10 yet and Id really like to see the 5xxx cards listed here: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html
[quote=]Sweet!

I will be getting tonight and will report back my results.

Thanks Vincent

Cheers, John.

They are reporting problems with new users not getting the new version at AVSforum. Monitor this thread there before you buy. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1179134&page=50

Quote: Those who purchased today are reporting they are getting the previous build, and not 2320. Tom is looking into it.
[quote=]Anyword on the full version update for today?

Thanks.

Cheers, John.

"As of today, new PowerDVD 9 Ultra customers will receive build 2320, which includes support for HDMI bitstreaming of undecoded (full quality) audio with ATI Radeon 5000 series graphics cards, and the Auzentech X-Fi Hometheater HD sound card. An update patch for current owners of PowerDVD 9 Ultra is scheduled to be available next Friday (11/27)."

Tom
Cyberlink

Quote: Tick Tock Tick TOck where is the Patch, Where is the Patch?
Look for it on the 27th
the sucky part is the patch will be on the 27th, but the new customers get the new version with the patch starting on the 20th from what Ive read. We should all be patient. Its not like cyberlink even advertised compatibility with the 5xxx cards yet although they did give a beta to the reviewers. Of course I am less urgent for it now that my Xonar has been replaced. LOL
HD audio bitstreaming according to the post at AVSforums
The patch is coming on the 27th. The 20th for new purchases.
The 5850 is not good enough? Thats asinine. I think what they meant to say is that they do not support the 5xxx cards yet.
I have to agree. This is the only reason I purchased the HD 5770. The reviewers said they had a working beta PDVD9. Just release it already.
I did notice that Anydvdhd dissapeared from my HTPC after the new PDVD update. That needs to stop Cyberlink. What right do you have to mess with my paid for software????????
Quote: hey guys... please also don't get excited with the new 2227 patch as that doesn't stream DTS-HD Master or TrueHD...

comeone guys just give us the reviewers patch that works and stop dicking us all arround.

my guess is that it has some security hole in it and can't be released .
Quote: Well I wish someone would, its only a patch after all, I paid fo my pdvd9 so I dont see the problem.
Unless they are trying to work out how to screw over anydvdhd users again.
whatever they do to ANYDVD will be temporary
Quote: Its not an added feature, all it does is pass the sound info to the amp of your choice. Infact pdvd will be doing less.
there must be a review beta floating around on the net I`m sick of waiting.
Not unless toms hardware or anadtech leaked it
And me to the list and Hundreds over at AVSforums waiting..............
Yup, Still waiting for bitstreaming on my HD 5770 card CYBERLINK!
Go to: