Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
@CyberLink Support: Will there be HD sound bitstream support for 5xxx Ati
a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2008 06:06 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

@CyberLink Support: Will there be HD sound bitstream support for 5xxx Ati in the near future?

(...direct out from the ATI like we seen in anandtech preview, not over a expensive add on card that do nothing as let bitstream audio through.)

Best regards

Honk
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2009 14:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Why has the update not been released yet? The ati 5 cards are selling out everywhere!
a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2008 06:06 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe trouble with Auzen?
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well maybe if Auzentech got the card out on time so many people may not of jumped ship. Besides its not as if we are waiting for a real feature to be added. All it does is allow the sound to be passed to an amp to let it decode it.

Put in a support question.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2009 08:25

paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh my support question was
"When will the update for ati 5 cards to allow bitstreaming be released?"

And the reply from Cyberlink was

"
We want to inform you that the information provided by you regarding your concern, is not clear and sufficient enough for us to make an accurate diagnosis of the issue.

So, we request you to provide us a detailed and clear information about your concern so that we could provide you appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue. "

For the love of god! Didnt I make it simple enough?
iieeann [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nil Joined: Oct 21, 2009 21:20 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
The Auzentech soundcard actually depends on AVR for the audio quality. It cannot even decode Dolby Digital and DTS as compared to some Creative X-Fi card. In my case I send all audio signals to AVR through HDMI and let the AVR do the rest. Only thing that the Auzen card processes is the EAX 5.0 for game. Buying Auzen HD card without AVR is a waste of money----- I bought the AVR because of the stupidity of the Auzen card.

PDVD9 shall support all means of HDMI output and not only Auzen. The 2 HDMI soundcard in the market now, Asus on TMT, Auzen on PDVD and they don work if swap.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2009 00:17

CPU......: i7-975, evga x58 Classified, Kingston 2000 1Gbx3
Display.: GTX285, Dell 2709W
Hdd......: x25M 80Gb x3, iRAM 4Gb
Sound...: Auzentech HTHD, Psyko 5.1, Razer HP1 5.1, Onkyo TX-SR876 AVR
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

@CyberLink Support: Will there be HD sound bitstream support for 5xxx Ati in the near future?

(...direct out from the ATI like we seen in anandtech preview, not over a expensive add on card that do nothing as let bitstream audio through.)

Best regards

Honk

Dear Honk,

CyberLink is working to support these kind of features - please stay tuned

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2009 11:41

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
VINCENT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2009 08:30 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
And me to the list and Hundreds over at AVSforums waiting..............
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its not an added feature, all it does is pass the sound info to the amp of your choice. Infact pdvd will be doing less.
there must be a review beta floating around on the net I`m sick of waiting.
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Its not an added feature, all it does is pass the sound info to the amp of your choice. Infact pdvd will be doing less.
there must be a review beta floating around on the net I`m sick of waiting.
Not unless toms hardware or anadtech leaked it
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I wish someone would, its only a patch after all, I paid fo my pdvd9 so I dont see the problem.
Unless they are trying to work out how to screw over anydvdhd users again.
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Well I wish someone would, its only a patch after all, I paid fo my pdvd9 so I dont see the problem.
Unless they are trying to work out how to screw over anydvdhd users again.
whatever they do to ANYDVD will be temporary
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yea I know but its just silly most of the time, the latest version of pdvd9 still thinks my onkyo amp isnt hdcp complient.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2009 10:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I don't mean to sound harsh.

But what is the delay on "THE" patch. It's been achieved, we've seen this from the reviewers. Why can't you just release a beta patch or even an alpha for us to use.

Can you disclose any sort of timeframe, albeit within days, weeks, months or quarters. Or even when a press release may be likely to state when bitstreaming will come to the ATI HD5xxx cards.

Is there some sort of tie with Auzentech, due to their lack of haste on releasing their overdue card (only by a year or so!!!!!)

Any honesty and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your Time

Dave
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have to agree. This is the only reason I purchased the HD 5770. The reviewers said they had a working beta PDVD9. Just release it already.
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have a nasty feeling we will have to pay for this update as a pack add on.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2009 10:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
That would be outrageous if it was to happen as the PDVD 9 claims to support the HD audio formats since PDVD 8 or is it 7.3 can't remember. Auzentech soundcard owners do not have to pay for this. And I'm sure ATI having worked alongside Cyberlink have struck up a similar deal.

kj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2009 06:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Tom has advised in the AVS forums that it should be out by the end of the month. i hope it all comes true
Kontoletas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2006 07:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
From Catalyst 9.11 release notes

Resolved, high bit rate audio from Blu-ray discs might not output when using PowerDVD 10

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/Catalyst_911_release_notes.pdf
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
yeah but there is no PDVD10 yet and Id really like to see the 5xxx cards listed here: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2009 10:26