Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 9 Ultra Audio Question
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Even the latest version still doesnt support Bitstreaming TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed LPCM over to my Reciever, I know i read a lot of reviews and know thay had Beta but damn its been awhile and my new Ati 5750 card is ready for it Guess ill watch my blu-rays on my set top player. Does anyone have any info when its coming?
GARY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2009 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I, too, am having this problem. Supposedly there is an option to select "Uncompressed HD Audio" as an output option, but not in the latest update! I am running a HD5850 and have been waiting as well.

When is the fix, Cyberlink???
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Gary quick question if you could check something for me, In powerdvd when i enable Powerdvd to do the audio then send it over to my reciever i get at least dolby digital but if i do select the option for it to send the audio over i get distortion and crap coming out of my speakers, Have you tried the second drop down option in the Audio Tab?
GARY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Marc, in this latest update, the second option to send audio to receiver does indeed cause some serious distortion to come out of the speakers, just as you said. The first option to let PowerDVD decode gives me 5.1 sound, but it is not Dolby Digital, but rather PCM (this makes sense).

The prior release I was running (August 09), the second option worked just fine. The receiver would show Dolby Digital or DTS.

So it's pretty obvious Cyberlink broke something in their latest release...
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Gary i thought i was Tool and i did something to lose the DTS light Light Up on my reciever, I dont understand these guys, Do they even test out any of their releases? I wish i wouldnt have patched it LOL. Well ill cross my fingers and hope they get something working, This is the response i got back from Cyberlink when i Emailed them of this Problem.

Dear Marc,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 9 features. Please visit the below given link, to view about supported Audio output formats:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/bluray-dvd-playback-software_en_US.html

You can also download 30 day trial version of PowerDVD 9 software, to try it on your computer. Please visit the below given link, to download 30 days trial version of PowerDVD 9 software:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd/download_en_US.html

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

>> http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2009 16:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Auh, so maybe I should of read these before spending the past 2 hours figuring out if I did something wrong. I am also having the same trouble with my setup (ATI 5750, Win7, PowerDVD Ultra latest release, yamaha v1800)

After reading the review on Tomshardware I thought this was a ready for prime time but I guess not. This sucks as I only bought the ATI card b/c I thought it would fully support the audio bitstreaming option. Even if I have PowerDVD do the decoding and send the data PCM it is still compressed to DVD quality. I don't get it...they say they support this...???

I also get the distortion in the movie preview section when using the compressed bitstream option but not when having the software decode it.
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well i defaulted back to a earlier version of Powerdvd9 ultra i believe 1719 build, And At leaset i can do Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS, And one thing i noticed before i uninstalled the latest update on Powerdvd, If you watch a movie the Audio is out of Sync by a Hair. I tell you what Cyberlink needs to learn if it aint broke dont fix it thats for sure! PLEASE RELEASE A WORKING UPDATE DO I CAN GET PROPER SOUND WORKING LIKE 7.1 DTS MASTER AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be creating Threads at ANANDTECH, HARDOCP, Toms Hardware and anywhere else i can tell people to Avoid Powerdvd do to the lack of customer support and horrible Software updates. They simply dont care.
VINCENT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2009 08:30 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Yup, Still waiting for bitstreaming on my HD 5770 card CYBERLINK!
kj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2009 06:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hey guys... please also don't get excited with the new 2227 patch as that doesn't stream DTS-HD Master or TrueHD...

comeone guys just give us the reviewers patch that works and stop dicking us all arround.
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hey guys... please also don't get excited with the new 2227 patch as that doesn't stream DTS-HD Master or TrueHD...

comeone guys just give us the reviewers patch that works and stop dicking us all arround.

my guess is that it has some security hole in it and can't be released .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2009 10:36

VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did notice that Anydvdhd dissapeared from my HTPC after the new PDVD update. That needs to stop Cyberlink. What right do you have to mess with my paid for software????????
GARY [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK I installed Build 2227 on my Windows 7 64-bit system last week. Now not only is there no HD-audio option, there is no regular DTS or Dolby option anymore, just 2 channel stereo.

Worse still, I cannot play my blu-ray discs at all! I am getting an error message "disc format not supported" or similar.

I've been in contact with Cyberlink by submitting a support ticket. They're feeding me this B.S. on how my computer is not HDCP ready. This is what they said:
In response to your concern, please note that your system is not HDCP compliant. Also your graphics card is not good enough to play the blu ray.

So I cited one of the many many review articles floating out there on the net, with screenshots showing the HD5850 working with PowerDVD.

Their response to this was:
In response to your concern please note that your system do not meet minimum system requirements to play blu ray disc.

So much for Cyberlink support being "supportive". Did I mention that their Blu-Ray disc advisor has not been updated since March 2009?

Am I dealing with the Looney Tunes here or what?
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
The 5850 is not good enough? Thats asinine. I think what they meant to say is that they do not support the 5xxx cards yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2009 18:18

CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2009 23:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Im Seeing the same problems here.
I just did the big 3 upgrades.....New yamaha RX-V1900 reciever, HD5770 graphics, and upgraded from powerdvd8 to powerdvd9 (wanted the media center plug in as well, which is very unstable but thats a different issue)

Anyway, after $2100AU I have an awsome sound system and excellent video for all my normal viewing with minimum upgrade in bluray playback, the main purpose of this upgrade!

Oh well, music can now be heard 200m away coming from my house. Guess thats worth it......

Still its not useful for review sites to say things are working, or to take it as it sounds. I really should know better, but when you want it so bad......
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ya im glad i defaulted back to the older version at least i can watch my Blu-Rays with sound in Vista just not the Sound i want. Im wondering if Cyberlink consistes of a couple of drunk college kids who contract out all the work to the software and they just update the website and take our money. If thats the case my hats off to those fuckwads and i understand why nothing works, One thing they know how to do is deflect, avoid and lie to consumers they are second to none in that category.
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
The patch is coming on the 27th. The 20th for new purchases.
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
You know which problems it addresses?

Things that need fixing:

MC plugin stability

Green screen flashes (though this is a hdcp thing so don't know if cyberlink can fix that problem, only happens when sound formats change anyway like dd 2.0 at the menu to dts5.1 on the movie, and anydvd hd removes the problem completly, though it is quite expensive these days!)

HD tracks on HD5000 series cards.

These are my problems anyway. Also why does it take a week to release the patch, when the patch is genearlly the same size as a new install?
Not a complaint, just wondering.
VINCENT [Avatar]
[Post New]
HD audio bitstreaming according to the post at AVSforums
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support left me a message. From my interpretation, it would seem that they will have it up and running in the next patch/update.

YAY!!!

Thanks Vincent for the news.
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let's hope so!