Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Those did not resolve the issue, even with the Hotfix. Problem has to be Ati, when I'm using 5 series card I also can't select the proper refresh rate. When I put my Powercolor 4830 card everything works except TrueHd audio and Dts Master due to the cards lack of support but It will properly work with my Sony AVR. I'm waiting for the new Cats out hopefully soon, if not I might just forget the whole thing and sell my 5 series card and wait for better support.
Tullis patch does not work for Sony AVRs allready tried it he even tried to make me a custom one.
I cant believe that either ATI or Powerdvd seem to care that they both make claims regarding their products being able to Bitstream Audio for True-HD and DTS-Master audio voer the HDMI and it simply doesnt work for 50% of the people out there. Ati informs me that it is Powerdvds Software, Powerdvd tells me its ATIs drivers, I just want a fucking answer! The only information i get out of them is that sorry your SONY AVR is having issues with the Hardware/Software. Oh well i guess i will tell anyone i know to not support either company anymore do to the lack of respect of their customers.
Further Update i switched to Windows 7 and it still doesnt work, New patch and all, So as a customer do i need to either buy a New Stereo ( Which is Crazy ) or wait for ATI to patch this problem ? Since its not a Cyberlink problem, correct?
Well im glad you can get it to work, The patch still doesnt allow BitStreaming for me, I get the third option and no sound. I have a Sony DA-5300 AVR and i guess there is Handshaking issues with it, i have to wait for a patch from ATI/Powerdvd still it sucks i gotta wait longer.
Ya it doesnt work for me, I have been in contact with Tulli, his suggestion is move to Windows 7 to get it to work since Vista is causing minor problems with his patch. I think i might just give up soon hehe.
Okay so its not working for me in Vista with a Sony DA-5300 AVR, not even with the workaround, So now whats the friggen problem? Is this ATIs fault or Powerdvd i would like some answers this is freaking ridiculous.
Yep i have a Sony DA5300 reciever and i cant select a 3rd option in the audio menu so still no True HD audio or DTS Master, Is this now ATIs fault or Powerdvd? I have read that almost everyone is having the same problem i am.
Its floating around the net right now.
Is this thing still FUBARRED?
Epic Fail yet again.
Tick Tock Tick TOck where is the Patch, Where is the Patch?
The reason why I went this route us do the fact that Cyberlink showed off their ability to bitstream flawlessly with powerdvd and atis 5000 series cards. I'm mad that they havnt or won't release this patch, i'm hoping they do soon.
Let's hope so!
Of course this patch doesnt fix any problems that most of us are having, Where is the DTS Master Audio? Where is the TRUE HD AUDIO? Just wondering because i bought this software because it claims it can do it, at least not on my Powercolor 5870 card.
Ya im glad i defaulted back to the older version at least i can watch my Blu-Rays with sound in Vista just not the Sound i want. Im wondering if Cyberlink consistes of a couple of drunk college kids who contract out all the work to the software and they just update the website and take our money. If thats the case my hats off to those fuckwads and i understand why nothing works, One thing they know how to do is deflect, avoid and lie to consumers they are second to none in that category.
Why is powerdvd so horrible? With each update/patch they cripple their own software more and more. Used to support Iso playback from harddrive, that was great let's cripple that( thank god for my movies and daemon tools ) A few releases ago you can actually stream at least Dolby digital / Drs over Hdmi but what the hell let's release a new patch that does away with that and causes audio distortion hopefully destroying someone speakers. Wait let's release a Beta version of Powerdvd to some selected websites ( Anadtech / HardOcp ) and show off Bitstreaming and Dts Master audio as well as True Hd audio and get people to buy are software only to not deliver on that either. Well I'm about to wipe my ass of this company they lie more then mainstream media or any politician, Buyer Beware.
Well i defaulted back to a earlier version of Powerdvd9 ultra i believe 1719 build, And At leaset i can do Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS, And one thing i noticed before i uninstalled the latest update on Powerdvd, If you watch a movie the Audio is out of Sync by a Hair. I tell you what Cyberlink needs to learn if it aint broke dont fix it thats for sure! PLEASE RELEASE A WORKING UPDATE DO I CAN GET PROPER SOUND WORKING LIKE 7.1 DTS MASTER AUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be creating Threads at ANANDTECH, HARDOCP, Toms Hardware and anywhere else i can tell people to Avoid Powerdvd do to the lack of customer support and horrible Software updates. They simply dont care.
Thanks Gary i thought i was Tool and i did something to lose the DTS light Light Up on my reciever, I dont understand these guys, Do they even test out any of their releases? I wish i wouldnt have patched it LOL. Well ill cross my fingers and hope they get something working, This is the response i got back from Cyberlink when i Emailed them of this Problem.

Dear Marc,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 9 features. Please visit the below given link, to view about supported Audio output formats:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/bluray-dvd-playback-software_en_US.html

You can also download 30 day trial version of PowerDVD 9 software, to try it on your computer. Please visit the below given link, to download 30 days trial version of PowerDVD 9 software:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd/download_en_US.html

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

>> http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support
Hey Gary quick question if you could check something for me, In powerdvd when i enable Powerdvd to do the audio then send it over to my reciever i get at least dolby digital but if i do select the option for it to send the audio over i get distortion and crap coming out of my speakers, Have you tried the second drop down option in the Audio Tab?
Go to: