Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 2320 Patch is crap for most of us
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Yep i have a Sony DA5300 reciever and i cant select a 3rd option in the audio menu so still no True HD audio or DTS Master, Is this now ATIs fault or Powerdvd? I have read that almost everyone is having the same problem i am.
VINCENT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2009 08:30 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yep i have a Sony DA5300 reciever and i cant select a 3rd option in the audio menu so still no True HD audio or DTS Master, Is this now ATIs fault or Powerdvd? I have read that almost everyone is having the same problem i am.

Its an ATI problem but there is a solution at AVSforum

Quote: Thanks for the suggestion, Joe. But IMHO this is a specific, and even incidental problem, with ATI & Cyberlink particular PAP implementation to achieve bitstreaming with PDVD9 on ATI cards, and so it should belong in here in the "Official" PDVD9 thread.

As you know, PDVD9 bitstreams fine on some AVRs, and otherwise requires an EDID override for the EDID of one of the succesful AVRs (i.e. the 906, which is the one I could find).

Of course the EDID Override feature has major "overtones", some of which have been touched in the thread. But the fix proposed is really simple. If you are not able to bitstream first time, maybe because you have a Denon or Sony AVR:

1. Grab the Onkyo 906 .inf file I posted. This is just a Windows monitor driver, specific for the 906, but is a compatible driver that "fools" ATI+PDVD9 into "seeing" your AVR as a PAP compliant AVR.

2. Install it now. You can do it from the desktop properties (my original post), or from the Device Manager window.

It's just as simple.

Cheers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125772&page=62

I havent tried it yet as I have a Xonar and am not about to screw things up. I will just wait until the software gods fix it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 19:31

VINCENT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2009 08:30 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
once you download that monitor INF file here are the steps:

take this much shorter route:

1) Control Panel->Device Manager->Monitors

2) Click on the "+" sign on the "Monitors" tag. Right click on monitor device to update (generally is a "Generic PnP" monitor device).

3) Click on "Update Driver Software".

4) Click on "Browse My computer for driver software".

5) Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

6) Click on "Have Disk".

7) Click on "Browse".

Go to directory where the Onkyo-906.inf is stored. Click on it and select "Open".

9) Install driver.

10) Reboot.

It works on My DENON AVR790 I just tried it!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 30. 2009 20:03

marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ya it doesnt work for me, I have been in contact with Tulli, his suggestion is move to Windows 7 to get it to work since Vista is causing minor problems with his patch. I think i might just give up soon hehe.
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Further Update i switched to Windows 7 and it still doesnt work, New patch and all, So as a customer do i need to either buy a New Stereo ( Which is Crazy ) or wait for ATI to patch this problem ? Since its not a Cyberlink problem, correct?