Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Minor DTS HD and Dolby Digital HD annoyances
CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2009 23:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
The issue I have been experancing is that you can only choose the HD audio out options once a bluray has started playback of the feature. Once selected works perfectly fine. But I can't choose it from powerDVD main setting window without the title playing.

The other issue is that I often find when putting in a new bluray, I have to re enable the HD sound options again, otherwise it reverts to Powerdvd decoded PCM.

Other then that, I have not been expereancing any other issues. Even the MC plugin has seemed stable. I do run AnyDVD HD, which means I have no HDCP issues though.

Thanks guys for making the software work, at least in my situation. HD audio is awsome, and picture quality is spectacular.
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Well im glad you can get it to work, The patch still doesnt allow BitStreaming for me, I get the third option and no sound. I have a Sony DA-5300 AVR and i guess there is Handshaking issues with it, i have to wait for a patch from ATI/Powerdvd still it sucks i gotta wait longer.
CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2009 23:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
It would seem a lot of people are having issues with that particular reciever. Makes me glad I went for the Yamaha RX-V1900 instead. Though, like I said, I was getting alot of HDCP problems before getting anydvd. Would be fantastic if things were to work perfectly, but we are far from a perfect world. Just wish it didn't cost so much to get it to run well.
At least my issues are just annoyances, and when you run the title a second time, it remembers. Feel sorry for the people still having issues. Its been a frustrating ride.