Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I must say, I too have experienced poor encoding results with PD8, all my projects are output to H264. Although my use is to specifically combine various types of files, .ts, m2ts, wmv, mp4. I find the Cyberlink H264 encoder quite a bit less than some of the other encoders out their (X264_64 for example).

PD8 has it's place for sure in editing high quality home videos captured. My high quality .ts and m2ts files output are ok, but they are by no means excellent and burning to blu ray was a bonus back when I purchased PD8. I'm hoping Cyberlink can come up with a better encoder in future release's.

I have tried the 3GPP encoder, but it's limited in file size and complains with an error if the produced file happen to exceed 1hr.

cwh
Ok, thanks.
Hi there, trialing the software and it seems to have a hang up processing AVCHD folders with files produced with MPEG-4 Part 2.
AVC (MPEG-4 Part 10) type files work flawlessly.

Going into the folder and selecting the individual stream file playback works.

Just simply get a green screen in some cases, other times the program completely shuts down with no errors, other times selecting play the program just sits there and does not respond.

Using a 64b machine with ATI graphics, HDMI output.

thanks
Chris
Yes, am referring to the buttons on the Chapter Menu, I beleive there is also one on the Main Menu.

I agree, the menu designer is not the best.
Greg,

I have used the Menu creation the last couple of days to make some custom menu's for Fringe and Dexter episodes I record in HD. So I understand some of your questions and I'll try to answer what I can.

The menu designer can be a bit tricky the first time. Mostly for me it's been trial and error.

The overlapping issue means a button or displayed clip is converged with another button. It's a bit tricky to find the offending button, but make sure the "thumbnail frames" are not close to each other. Click on one (in menu design) and make sure the light grey outlined box is not overlapping another thumbnail frame. Also make sure they highlight with a color you select in the designer menus! I've burned a disc once without checking.

When I make backgrounds I tend to use the PIP option instead of importing a jpg or video. You can resize to full if you need to or you can delete if you don't like it. For some reason the Menu designer only lets you import and not delete the background, it's crazy, but that what I found.

Save As Template, enter a name for your template. It will appear on the left hand side and you can use it for your projects or delete it after you are done. I'm guessing the slider/thumbnail might generate a jpg if you are making a blu ray menu. The player can display this picture once the disc is loaded, but this is only a guess. I usually just edit an XML file and load my picture into the META folder under the BDMV structure.

Once you have everything designed and saved. Double click on your new menu and click apply to all.

The menu designer takes a bit of trial and error to get something useful for sure.

good luck
cwh
Thanks, I went ahead and purchased. The download version is now v2207.

Only 1 minor glitch, when "producing" a small clip, it did not stop. A 20 sec 50meg clip went on forever, I finally killed PD8 and the file size it had produced was 3.5gig!

Restarted and rendered the file again. This time un-selecting the xvcolor option. Worked fine.

chris
Dafydd,

The trial version is 8.00.2013.

I was also able to convert the .ts streams into .m2ts streams using an external program and then import them back into PD8. All the stream information was intact, then burn the project to BDMV folders.

This would work, although an extra step.

thanks.
Just a quick update.

I was able to sucesfully create a BDMV folder structure, using three 50min video clips, which had been rendered into .m2ts files first and adding chapters.

I beleive my problem was using a .ts file in the menu structure. Once I rendered the menu into a .m2ts file, all files processed fine.

Even did the project using all 4 cores, took about 20mins from beginning to end for the project. Impressive!

Still wondering about the Audio render though.

chris
Hi there, I am new to PD8.

I have the trial version of the software, before pulling the trigger on purchasing I will try to explain what I am attempting to achieve. I am hope full you “experts” can tell me if this is possible or not. I have tried several other software programs and PD8 seems to be the most complete for this type of work. The others just fail miserably. The trial has been a bumpy one for sure.

I capture HD programming, edit out commercials (with Video Redo H264 version) and save them back as H264 .ts files. (Transport Streams) PD8 can read these and import the streams, quite successfully I might add. They contain 5.1 surround sound and CC stream.

My ultimate goal is to have these files burned to Blu Ray. I have a burner and have successfully burned files, data etc to the discs.

My machine is a i7 Quad x64 bit with Vista, 6 G Ram, ATI Radeon Video 1G graphics card.
The source videos are 50mins in length, about 2G in size.

Now the fun part:

I implemented the fix for BDMV folders <–works well.
Reduced the cores on the processor.
Processed the files, adding chapters and saving as suggested in another thread.

I have a couple of questions.

1) Is the audio re-written when processing the video files. I seem to have to select either 2CH or 5.1CH sound? Even though my source contains 5.1 sound.

2) When I try to write BDMV folders, using the full video’s, I ended up killing PD8 after several hours. In one case it was 24 hours chugging away (1 core) with no movement greater than 26%. Is their any fix for this in upcoming releases or another version?

It’s not all bad, I did have success with 2 – 5min video’s creating a BDMV folder structure using all 4 cores, it took about 10mins. I then tried to add a third 5 min video and recreate, after 6 hours, I lost patience and finally killed PD8.

Am I trying to achieve something which PD8 was never intended?

Thanks
Go to: