Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transport Stream Files
Chris W [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 07:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there, I am new to PD8.

I have the trial version of the software, before pulling the trigger on purchasing I will try to explain what I am attempting to achieve. I am hope full you “experts” can tell me if this is possible or not. I have tried several other software programs and PD8 seems to be the most complete for this type of work. The others just fail miserably. The trial has been a bumpy one for sure.

I capture HD programming, edit out commercials (with Video Redo H264 version) and save them back as H264 .ts files. (Transport Streams) PD8 can read these and import the streams, quite successfully I might add. They contain 5.1 surround sound and CC stream.

My ultimate goal is to have these files burned to Blu Ray. I have a burner and have successfully burned files, data etc to the discs.

My machine is a i7 Quad x64 bit with Vista, 6 G Ram, ATI Radeon Video 1G graphics card.
The source videos are 50mins in length, about 2G in size.

Now the fun part:

I implemented the fix for BDMV folders <–works well.
Reduced the cores on the processor.
Processed the files, adding chapters and saving as suggested in another thread.

I have a couple of questions.

1) Is the audio re-written when processing the video files. I seem to have to select either 2CH or 5.1CH sound? Even though my source contains 5.1 sound.

2) When I try to write BDMV folders, using the full video’s, I ended up killing PD8 after several hours. In one case it was 24 hours chugging away (1 core) with no movement greater than 26%. Is their any fix for this in upcoming releases or another version?

It’s not all bad, I did have success with 2 – 5min video’s creating a BDMV folder structure using all 4 cores, it took about 10mins. I then tried to add a third 5 min video and recreate, after 6 hours, I lost patience and finally killed PD8.

Am I trying to achieve something which PD8 was never intended?

Thanks
Chris W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just a quick update.

I was able to sucesfully create a BDMV folder structure, using three 50min video clips, which had been rendered into .m2ts files first and adding chapters.

I beleive my problem was using a .ts file in the menu structure. Once I rendered the menu into a .m2ts file, all files processed fine.

Even did the project using all 4 cores, took about 20mins from beginning to end for the project. Impressive!

Still wondering about the Audio render though.

chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
What is the trial version you're using?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Chris W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

The trial version is 8.00.2013.

I was also able to convert the .ts streams into .m2ts streams using an external program and then import them back into PD8. All the stream information was intact, then burn the project to BDMV folders.

This would work, although an extra step.

thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The trial 2013 is likely to be replaced with v2027 and fixes many minor glitches.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 06:55

Chris W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I went ahead and purchased. The download version is now v2207.

Only 1 minor glitch, when "producing" a small clip, it did not stop. A 20 sec 50meg clip went on forever, I finally killed PD8 and the file size it had produced was 3.5gig!

Restarted and rendered the file again. This time un-selecting the xvcolor option. Worked fine.

chris