Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So I'm in the middle of a project that's taking longer than expected to finish... and I wanted to format my PC. I know that if I backup the .pds file, it's not enough.

Is there anything else I need to do to make sure I don't lose all my work? Like placing the original videos in the same directory before opening the .pds?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks.
What are shadow files? I kept everything default.
1 : Here's the dxdiag
1-1 : Here's the SS, I tried to take the most information possible
3 : I'll try splitting my project in two pieces and get back to you
4 : I'm using the Canon HF100, filming at FXP (17mpbs), 1080i, 60fps
5 : I'll try it
6 : a) I save almost everytime I change anything, fearing PD8 would crash on my next step
b) I edit only from my HD. I never even tried to edit from an external HD or other media support
c) I think my GPU is powerful enough
Thanks for reviving this.

Step 1) I keep updating as soon as a build comes out
Step 2) Even the rendering doesn't work properly. As I mentionned in the first post, there is a major audio/video out of sync issue, where the image freezes and sound keeps playing. Later on, the video comes back, but with an audio from another part of my movie!
Step 3) Whether burning to a folder or a disc, I get the same problem (see first post)

I guess you see why I'm on the edge of giving up on PD8. I've been patient for 6 months.. this is getting out of hand.
Quote: My best suggestion would be to start with the base video and add one thing at a time until you find out what is causing the problem.

I have over 50 small videos in my project, with transitions sync'ed with music, effects, titles, etc.
Taking out one video, trying to create, putting it back, taking out another one, trying to create, putting it back... etc. wouldn't only be long, but it would create a big mess...

What settings do you suggest I use to check out any codec issues?

Quote: Hi Aeromotive,

I read your post and wasn't entirely clear if you had tried this method with your project. Have you tried to produce your project to a H.264 AVC video file with a default profile of AVCHD 1920x1080, instead of burning your PROJECT to a disc? You might have better success burning the video file to disc instead of your project. Having your PC RENDER and BURN at the same time can be troublesome depending on the system. Burning a fully rendered video to disc eliminates most of the work.

Thanks Kevin. I'm sorry I didn't use the right words. I actually meant that when I PRODUCED (not burned) my video, I had the audio-video out of sync issue. I tried that many times, and it's always the same.
1) So after installing the two patches and trying with each, and also after a few months of giving up on PD8, I tried finalizing my vacation video, and it just won't work. Is my problem ever going to be fixed?

I remember being told that the next patch would probably fix this, but it never did.
I also can't use any workaround (like working with small productions), since I manually synchronized music with my transitions, which means a half a second off-sync could get all my work useless.

2) I even tried producing, and after the rendering was done, I open the created movie, only to realize I was missing half the video, and the audio would still be running while the image froze. After forwarding the video a few minutes, I would have the same frozen image again (which means no video), but the audio would be OK...

What's next? Is this thing ever going to work?

----------Original Message---------------------------------
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the forums and I need some help. I already burned a project to my HDD and it worked.

Right now I'm trying to burn another project but I keep getting the following errors :

1) MotionMenuGeneratior (is there a typo in 'generatior'? lol) has stopped working. This message appears twice.

2) Burning unscuccessful :
Transcoding engine's front end stream error
Might be due to :
Broken or missing source file
Out of system memory

The burning never gets past 1% and maximum 2 minutes.

I know my specs are good enough :

ASUS Q45PRO, Q9550@stock, 8GB RAM, HD4870.

I also updated with the new patch and I keep getting the same error.
What's wrong?
If it is of any help, this is my first time using a custom-made DVD menu (downloaded from DirectorZone, then customized it).

Thanks!

PS : I also tried reducing speed to 4x, even if I'm burning to a folder.
EDIT : my goal is to burn AVCHD content on a DVD and watch it on my PS3. So I'm just selecting AVCHD DVD (4,7GB) , with the proper resolution (1920x1080).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it's good to know I can produce in small lumps when I already edited a 25 minutes video. Guess I'll wait or just ask for my money back.
Thanks Tony,

But what if I already edited 25 minutes of footage? I guess that option becomes impossible?

And is it normal that PD also chokes at producing?!

Finally, do we have a slight idea about when this patch will be coming out? Weeks? Months?
Dafydd,

thanks for the answer, but I think there was a misunderstanding. I thought I could do all the 6 steps I mentioned to make it work because I understood from your test procedure and from other threads that the problem was always with the first blackboard and transition, before the first scene. So if I remove it, I should be able to burn to the folder?

So I think I found out how to do it : keep everything as is, and just produce, then take the video produced and start a new project with it to insert chapters, and do the DVD menu. Would that work?

Also do you know if the new 'fix' is coming soon?

Thanks!

EDIT : all right so I tried producing the video twice, but it blocked at 63%, with CPU usage dropping from 90's to 10% or so. Something is clearly wrong.. PD is still responding, but everything stopped, even the time cursor is blocked at 16 minutes out of 25 minutes.
Thanks for the help Dafydd.

So what you say is
1) I should remove the first transition
2) Produce the project (not create a disc) without the first transition and black board
3) Start a new project with the video I just produced
4) Insert the black board and transition at the beginning
5) Burn to folder
6) It should work?

Thanks again!
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the forums and I need some help. I already burned a project to my HDD and it worked.

Right now I'm trying to burn another project but I keep getting the following errors :

1) MotionMenuGeneratior (is there a typo in 'generatior'? lol) has stopped working. This message appears twice.

2) Burning unscuccessful :
Transcoding engine's front end stream error
Might be due to :
Broken or missing source file
Out of system memory

The burning never gets past 1% and maximum 2 minutes.

I know my specs are good enough :

ASUS Q45PRO, Q9550@stock, 8GB RAM, HD4870.

I also updated with the new patch and I keep getting the same error.
What's wrong?
If it is of any help, this is my first time using a custom-made DVD menu (downloaded from DirectorZone, then customized it).

Thanks!

PS : I also tried reducing speed to 4x, even if I'm burning to a folder.
EDIT : my goal is to burn AVCHD content on a DVD and watch it on my PS3. So I'm just selecting AVCHD DVD (4,7GB) , with the proper resolution (1920x1080).
Update : I think it's finally working! There's one problem though : when using ImgBurn and burning the BDMV folder with UDF 2.5, the verification process (post-burning) always fails for some reason. But the video still plays, at least for what I tried out. Anyone knows what's the issue? Thanks!
Thank you for your wonderful help.

I downloaded ImgBurn and just started to burn using UDF 2.50. I selected the BDMV folder.

Will let you know how it goes...
Update : unfortunately when I burn the BDMV folder to a DVD, the PS3 won't play the disc, although it clearly recognizes it as an AVCHD/Bluray disc...

So I tried burning not the BDMV folder as a whole, but only its content (folders called playlist, stream, etc.), and now the PS3 played it. The only problem was I couldn't access the menus I had created. I could only "play" them (they appeared as 10-14 seconds videos that I could just play). And I could play my main video with transitions, effets, etc.

Any help from here would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what I could do next!

Thanks!
OK thanks Andrew!
I dragged and dropped the BDMV folder into Nero and chose "DVD-ROM (UDF)". It's now burning... will keep you updated with the results!

Thanks again!
Thanks for the quick answers!

Actually I want to burn a DVD (not Bluray) and watch HD content on my PS3. I know I'm limited by disc space, but it's much easier for me...

When I created the disc (on my Hard-drive), I chose AVCHD, thinking that would be my option for HD viewing? Is this OK?

So do I just take the whole BDMV folder to my burning software, and let it burn? Can I expect my menus to work by doing this?

Basically when I try to burn, I get a message that says "not enough system memory..." or something like that. However I'm new to this and I'm not sure if it's my fault or not, but I saw many similar problems on the forums... So I'm starting to think it's software-related.

BTW here are my *rough* specs : Q9550, 8GB ram, HD4870 1GB GDDR5
Hey all,

I'm new to PD8 and I love working with it! Lately I tried to burn directly from PD8 to a DVD and it didn't work. So I searched the forums here and found out that I could burn to a folder and then use an external software to burn to a DVD. My question is : now that I created my folder, what do I need to burn exactly?

I have a folder called BDMV, which contains BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STREAM and index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv. What do I drag to my burning software in order to have proper/working menus in my final products?

Also, using Nero, I get the choice of DVD-ROM (ISO), DVD-VIDEO, DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) and DVD-ROM (UDF). Which one should I choose (I'm burning .m2ts files)

Thank you very much!
Go to: