Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to backup a project to format my PC
Aeromotive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2009 15:54 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm in the middle of a project that's taking longer than expected to finish... and I wanted to format my PC. I know that if I backup the .pds file, it's not enough.

Is there anything else I need to do to make sure I don't lose all my work? Like placing the original videos in the same directory before opening the .pds?

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You can do it that way, but to be absolutely certain, I believe the export function may be what you are looking for. I think it saves copies of the files in one directory, so you just have to save that one directory and import it when you have the computer back up and running. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Check out this thread for more info :-
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9844.page

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.