Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jamie

I have tried hooking up with my Canon MV 800i camcorder thus:

R/Y/G RCI cables in the DVD/VCR Out connecting to my camcorder AV socket; DV socket out of my camcorder into firewire port on computer.

No luck there either. my only options are capture from a TV signal, webcam, microphone or AVCHD (don't know what that is).

When I was hooked up direct with the firewire connected through the kaiserbaas adapter to the VCR (which is what I was doing with PD6) I also had capture from a digital TV signal available in PD8.

None of these worked and the record button was grey (unavailable) anyway.
Hi, a non-tech newbie here. I'm a 60yr old so a bit slow on the uptake and take a while to absorb technical stuff.

OK, where to start. I am starting out converting my VHS tapes to DVD. My system:

Vista Home Premium SP1
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.40GHz 2.39GFz
4Gb RAM
32 bit OS

I have the following video capture device (I think that's what this is) which was purchased when I upgraded my computer last year:

VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller

Earlier this year I purchased a Kaiserbaas device which came with PD6 software. I was hooking up my VCR just fine and have already captured some of my videos and burned them to DVD.

I was experiencing difficulty with PD6 – it kept crashing. I tried the usual uninstall of all Cyberlink software through Control Panel and reinstalled from the CD.

No luck. After finding the software was now up to PD8 I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade, which I did via download.

Now when I hook up the same way through the Kaiserbaas device and click Capture in PD8 there is no option to capture from a VCR. The Kaiserbaas connector flashes, so I’m presuming the software is finding the device.

Looking through the forum I may certainly have missed another post about this, but it does seem that I should be able to capture from a VCR as others have mentioned other issues capturing VHS tapes.
I have tried watching different ways to connect to the computer on YouTube, but still no luck.

As I said I’m not at all technical, but I can find my way around a computer reasonably well. So I ask your patience if I’ve missed something.

Hoping someone can guide me please. If you need further information I'm sure you'll let me know.
AshJT I will keep an eye on what response you receive.

I have upgraded from PD6 to PD8. I have successfully captured VHS tapes in PD6 and burned them to DVD.

Like you I'm now unable to find how I can capture from my VHS player.

I only upgraded because PD6 was sending me error messages, even after uninstalling and reinstalling, and I thought it had become unstable.

I am running Windows Vista have PD Ultra 8.00.1930.

I am using a Kaiserbaas cable connection and am using the red/white cable from the VHS to a USB port. Same set up as for capturing in PD6.

I too am new to this forum and as such am unable to work out how to bullet point my issues.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Go to: