Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd

So does this mean that I download the file (sdukpdb214g.gif) and load it into PD7 ?
I posted this in the audio problems page but no answer yet - the voice over mike (in edit mode) does not record - well it "pretends" to record (equaliser moves slightly and a file appears in the time-line) but no sound on playback. I've checked the PC mike settings and they appear to be OK
I am also new to PD7. I have more or less succeeded with the video editing but now need to add a voice over (in edit mode). I have made several attempts but only manage to get a squeaking noise at the start of the track and then nothing. I’ve read all the PD7 instructions but it assumes that everything actually works. I’ve also checked the mike through the PC’s voice recognition system. Does patch 2105 address this problem ?
Thanks to everyone for your help . . . speed changes are now working. Now I have to get the audio track to record ! If you like Chopin then see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_leLiFqUQ

Downloaded patch 3017. But how do I "put the patch" into PD7 ?
Robert

Thanks for that. First-Aid for software (apply "patch" to wound)
I found the patch download and then was asked to "run or save". This just shows what a newbie I am , but which do I choose ?
So does this mean there is an actual problem in the software and downloading this patch corrects it ?

Thanks for your reply but the link you gave just sends me to the "Update Software Page"

Jon
Speed change NEVER works

Using just one clip I have applied just one edit function (changed the clip speed to 5 or 8 times) (sound muted). I have then saved the “project” noting the time difference
(eg the original clip running at normal speed would be say 9 mins 45 secs; the speeded up clip would be 3 mins 15 secs). When returning to the project the next day
the clip does not run at the edited speed and the last 6 mins and 30 secs of the clip is missing. So inversely described – the clip runs at the normal speed (which it shouldn’t because its “been edited”) but the length of the clip remains at 3 mins 15 secs meaning that 6 mins of the clip is totally missing. I have tried this several times with different clips AND on a different PC with a different clip and the result is just the same. What am I missing here ?
Robert - Unchecking the autosave makes no difference. The edited clip still returns edited in the wrong way as before.
Well here we are again. PD managed to find the file and with just one clip I did one piece of editing (put mute to on and speeded up to 9x). I then saved the file as a project and put it in the correct folder. The next day I loaded the project to check it through and it was completely different to what I had done. 1. there was no speed change (though the actual length of the clip is as it should be – 2mins instead of 10) 2. the last 2/3rds of the clip had disappeared. By the way I also ride a motorcycle – Vectrix electric. Its costing me about 50 pence a day to run (insurance, electricity are the only expenses). Everything else is free.
It wasn't a project I was opening it was just a single "mod" file. I started again from scratch on the LT (LapTop) - see previous reply- with just one file to see if anything went amiss. It did go amiss. The LT couldn't find the file because it was looking in the "H" drive (the usb port where the mem.stick was - but wasn't - because I had taken it out). So the fault seems to lie somewhere in the transfer from PC to LT - - somehow I am not succeding in sending the file (saved on the mem.stick) to the LT hard drive.
from blank screen to nothing at all

I decided to start the project “from scratch”; so I deleted all “mov” files from the laptop and all associated back-up files with the “mov” index. I then transferred just one unedited mov clip from the PC to the LT (LapTop) and stored it in a folder specially made and named for the future project. I then started up the software and clicked on “import” file. The same old error message came up inviting me to “browse, ignore, ignore all or cancel”. I clicked on the “ignore all” and . . . nothing; not even a blank frame.
Thanks to Cranston, Tony and Adrain. I'll let you know how I get on. By the way this happens to be semi-pro project and not the usual "youtube family photos". I am a musician by profession and in the process of putting music (own composing) to the various videos I made about a year ago.
Just tried the "pack project" to memory stick and got the message "Destination E is on a non-supported volume". Which I presume means the stick is not large enough (2GB). How do I find the size of the outgoing pack project or is there another method of transfer (to laptop) ?
Robert -

Thanks for that. You confirm what I thought about PDS files (Pretty Daft System ) that they only serve as a route to the other files. So I will start the whole project again (on the laptop), save everything in a separate folder and see what happens. Also thanks to Cranston for his very helpful info on the link.
What exactly is a pds file? Well I know its the file name for edited files in the power director software but how can it be a "complete" file of the work done when the total size of edited "mov" files is over 1 gb but the pds file comes out at only a few kb. I've also got the dreaded black screen. Heres how it happens: I edit the various "mov" clips on the PC and then save the work as a "project" pds file. I then transfer this pds file to a memory stick in order to transfer it to a laptop. (It needs to be on the laptop in order to add the soundtrack through the built-in mike). But of course as soon as it loads into the very same software on the laptop - all black screens. I have read the articles on this prob but still no joy.
Go to: